Frozen beer!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Scratching Head.jpg Where should I put this I thought, Hmm not Health not Wackey, Not culture just a happening.

This morning I woke up with an iffy Stomach, nothing serious just an uneasy feeling, Brekky did not go down too well but managed it and have so far kept it down, Last night I had my usual couple of  beer sori sori.jpg But one of them was frozen  mainly at the Bottom. but on  opening was well frosty.

Being a Tightwad I consumed the Majority and poured the last 2/3 inches in the Sink. Now what is all this about:89: I hear? Seems that I had got hold of a bottle that had been up against the Fridge wall, we keep the Fridge about normal on number 4 on the Dial. I know we all love our Beers to be cold but I am a mind to think that the beer here seems to have a Low Freeze value. What I have done is make sure that there is a rotation done and try and keep the bottles away from the Fridge sides and certainly at the Bottom if possible, I can only think that the beer I had last night was far to cold and I have learned (Learnt) that frozen beer is not good for you ( well me anyway)

Just my Thoughts but a little Heads up for those that like their daily Ale :wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Yuk Jack, drinking frozen beer, I hope you learnt your lesson. :7500:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I have learned (Learnt) that frozen beer is not good for you ( well me anyway)

1 minute ago, Clermont said:

Yuk Jack, drinking frozen beer, I hope you learnt your lesson. :7500:

Gotcha.png Already Admitted :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Seems that I had got hold of a bottle that had been up against the Fridge wall, we keep the Fridge about normal on number 4 on the Dial. I know we all love our Beers to be cold but I am a mind to think that the beer here seems to have a Low Freeze value. What I have done is make sure that there is a rotation done and try and keep the bottles away from the Fridge sides and certainly at the Bottom if possible

Hope you’re feeling better Jack. Had the same issue with the fridge in a place I rented in Cebu. Everything placed against the back wall / rear section on the bottom shelf would freeze.

Picked up a couple of silicon pot holders from SM and lined the bottom shelf with them (part way up the back wall - just enough to keep items off the wall) and the problem was solved. 

Edited by Gator
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

No tummy trouble with a Kegerator! :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Just an afterthought Jack, try Kimberly cools, that's what we call them when we drink them straight out of the cartoon, no refrigeration, just sh== through an eye of the needle at a hundred paces, is the only symptom. :hystery:

Sorry Jack, I should be more sympathetic towards your misfortune, but. :28: like this jolly old fellow, the mongrel has come out in me and I'll join him.

• Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Things like this are things we as expats have to face and overcome each and every day,it`s a hard life.

Yep.  Either the beer is frozen, or its too warm, or there are no coozies/condoms or whatchacallem to keep the beer at the right temp even if it is served at the correct temperature.  I have to switch to wine on those occasions.  Vodka works too.  I've never seen a fridge cold enough to freeze Vodka, mind you there are some great Vodka jellies that can be made in the freezer that will do your head in.

• Love it 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

During our younger days, my brothers and I tried creating a frozen beer beverage. We used my father's own fashioned ice cream maker. You place ice chunks with sea salt around a metal drum located in the center of a wooden drum. Everyone took turns winding the blades inside the metal drum. For homemade ice cream, the end result was slush which you then transferred to a freezer to harden. No luck with beer because the freezing temperature was much lower. 

• Hmm thinking 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

During our younger days, my brothers and I tried creating a frozen beer beverage. We used my father's own fashioned ice cream maker. You place ice chunks with sea salt around a metal drum located in the center of a wooden drum. Everyone took turns winding the blades inside the metal drum. For homemade ice cream, the end result was slush which you then transferred to a freezer to harden. No luck with beer because the freezing temperature was much lower. 

Hi JJ, 

With all that effort I think I'd just have home made ice cream with a beer chaser!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2