Health Costs - the big ones...

jimeve
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, CockneyRebel said:

Wow really Jim I'm shocked - you mean even if ones NI stamps are all fully paid up?

Also how would the 'NHS' itself know how long you have been out of the country for?

They wouldn't know unless they ask for the passport. Then I would say don't have one. 

• Like 1

canadamale
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, jimeve said:

They wouldn't know unless they ask for the passport. Then I would say don't have one. 

You do not think the tee shirt rolled up over the belly, the Ph tan and the slippers would give you away?? "*Joke*"

• Haha 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, canadamale said:

You do not think the tee shirt rolled up over the belly, the Ph tan and the slippers would give you away?? "*Joke*"

Nah.......but the Salamat Po -=  thank you Mam might! :tiphat:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, jimeve said:

Don’t they link passport entry and exit into the health department database backend there?

Now that passports are electronic,  it’s pretty common elsewhere.

• Hmm thinking 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Don’t they link passport entry and exit into the health department database backend there?

You don't clear immigration when exiting the UK, only on arrival. Unless a record is kept of airline passenger departures I don't think they would know how long you spent in the UK.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

You don't clear immigration when exiting the UK, only on arrival. Unless a record is kept of airline passenger departures I don't think they would know how long you spent in the UK.

Not sure about that

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/exit-checks-on-passengers-leaving-the-uk/exit-checks-fact-sheet

jimeve
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, GeoffH said:

May well do, never give that a thought. Hope not.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

As per message somewhere above, after 3 months out of the country, we are no longer eligible for free NHS treatment.  Does anyone have any idea how long we need to be back in the UK to qualify again?   

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

As per message somewhere above, after 3 months out of the country, we are no longer eligible for free NHS treatment.  Does anyone have any idea how long we need to be back in the UK to qualify again?   

According to what I have read somewhere, you have to sign repatriation papers to say you are back for good!

Unless you still have a residency in UK and return every three months, it would be questionable as to you having free access to NHS.

However as discussed, how would the authorities know?

There are of course exemptions such as Arm services or Navy which would keep you out the country.

Edited by Kuya John

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

However as discussed, how would the authorities know?

Click my link a few posts above is how they might know. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1