State pension ( British )

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Just trying to get my house in order and a few years ago i ask for a forecast on my state pension and it was around £150 a week , so this last week i looked into this again and the figure was up to £183 plus pence per week.

I know i cannot get this unless i am very very poorly nearing death so i will have to wait 6 years , so will it go up again even though i am not contributing anything into the state.

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted (edited)

I need to  apply for the forecast , but I do get angry about our state pensions ,when everyone in the EUROPEAN Union gets theirs at an earlier age than us.

The big problem with our state pension, is that for decades ,the chancellor's of all political parties have been dipping into the pot to try and balance their books

Edited by bastonjock
  • Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I hear you, what was i thinking when i first started work, "old age pensions whats that all about" sod that , but i wish i had started saving into a private pension then instead of spreading my love about.

But like you say when you hear and read what other countries give there retirees, its shocking, 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, stevewool said:

I know i cannot get this unless i am very very poorly nearing death so i will have to wait 6 years

So you plan to be very poorly nearing death in 6 years? Sounds like a plan :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

So you plan to be very poorly nearing death in 6 years? Sounds like a plan :rolleyes:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, My plan is to draw this when i am 66 and be as fit a fiddle and draw it for a very long time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Currently the UK has what's called the triple lock. It means they guarantee your pension will increase by at least 2.5% per year. Set against the higher of average earnings, prices or 2.5%. Some civil servants are advising the government to ditch it though as they say it's too expensive. 

• Like 2

Eddie1
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, stevewool said:

Just trying to get my house in order and a few years ago i ask for a forecast on my state pension and it was around £150 a week , so this last week i looked into this again and the figure was up to £183 plus pence per week.

I know i cannot get this unless i am very very poorly nearing death so i will have to wait 6 years , so will it go up again even though i am not contributing anything into the state.

Steve,  Where did you get your Pension quote?  i just copied the details below from the Government website, shows a maximum of only 164.35 per week.  Hope your figures are correct, lol.

What you'll get

The full new State Pension is £164.35 per week.

The actual amount you get depends on your National Insurance record.

The only reasons the amount can be higher are if:

You can still get a State Pension if you have other income like a personal pension or a workplace pension.

You might have to pay tax on your State Pension.

Edited by Eddie1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

What i did was to log in to the Gov site and register, fill in your details and they will send you a 12 digit number and then a password which you can chose to be sent by your own choice which i chose "text message", this message will last 7 days and once you log in again you will get a text with a new number, once you have these details you can look at how many years you have paid into the system and are they full years , concerning myself it says i have paid 44 years and my forecast is £183.54 a week,

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

What i did was to log in to the Gov site and register, fill in your details and they will send you a 12 digit number and then a password which you can chose to be sent by your own choice which i chose "text message", this message will last 7 days and once you log in again you will get a text with a new number, once you have these details you can look at how many years you have paid into the system and are they full years , concerning myself it says i have paid 44 years and my forecast is £183.54 a week,

Hope this helps.

I'm not disagreeing with you Steve,  but  :89: I've just logged into mine and I've got 40 years of contributions and it's says that I won't get a penny more than £ 164.35 , and I get it February 2024 

It kind of peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees me off that all I need was 30 years of contributions to achieve the desired target for the maximum gov pensions ,so I my way of thinking , they exp3ct me to donate N.I. contributions for an extra 15 years and I don't get a single bean  more , well I can sleep soundly knowing that my ni registered in my pay packet is going towards feeding some bone idle ,scrounge bag , commie , pinko ,dossier type 

No I'm not angry ...................

Well maybe just a wee bit lol

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Not to sure how they work it out , the last time i check was back in August 2015 and what they wrote it would be estimated at £167.46 and that was with 41 qualifying years, and now the new read out is what i have said, was you contracted out into your private pension once.