State pension ( British )

stevewool
Posted
Posted

It could be worst, i may never had started saving in a private pension, now i could not retire early at all if that was the case.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

When Social Security was first enacted into law, the life expectancy for an average worker was 65 years.  The idea for the program was the government would provide (using mandatory contributions into a fund) for those workers who outlived age 65 years. With better health and improvements in medicine, life expectancy have increased.  

The original payout was a monthly amount to cover your basic expenses. That is no long possible without bankrupting the government. Your pension is now considered supplementary income meaning you better have another income source if you wish to live at a certain comfort level. Members of this forum realize that one way to stretch government & private pensions, and personal savings is to relocate to a country where the cost of living is lower.  

What I cannot understand under the British pension system is why the government makes it difficult for its citizens to relocate overseas. There are penalties impose if you want to move out of the U.K. The United States by comparison is neutral on this subject and Japan encourages their citizens to go overseas in retirement under their Silver Columbia program.

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Living in the wrong country boy/girls, you don't have to work at all in Australia, you can live on the unemployment benefits all your life, we have second/third generation families over here that have and when they reach 65-5 they get the full pension. :whatever:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Clermont said:

Living in the wrong country boy/girls, you don't have to work at all in Australia, you can live on the unemployment benefits all your life, we have second/third generation families over here that have and when they reach 65-5 they get the full pension. :whatever:

Oh we have the System Workers for sure, and of course those will always be around. It is the system gang that hold back many perks that should go to those paid in. In fact you can tell them anywhere you go or live. Always in a Pub, having driven there in a fairly up to date car ( well usually) a Daily trip to the Bookies and have there 2 weeks Holiday in Spain & get new clothes for the Kids from the system ++ The Bonus for Christmas. It would not suit me but I have  brother that has been on the System for over 20+ years. 9 kids and pretty well off, maybe we all got it wrong :89:

Should their money be stopped for any reason their case is always heard first and of course, backdated payments, they get damnwell near free Housing, plenty of Family Credits, + Payments for children on  a sliding scale, they do Ghoster work for Cash and usually have an excuse that the Government believe. In fact Once people are on the System, they just could not afford to go to work :wink:

:hystery: If :508: it sounded like a little rant it's over :whistling:

Jack:smile:

Morning all:photo-109: (Back from his day offline come on now be honest bet some missed me because)  Well Forum Postings.jpg

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Thanks Jack, you have put faith back in my thinking, I thought Australian pollies were the only Dic=heads around, I did not realise other countries have bleeding heart pollies as well. :thumbsup:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, stevewool said:

What i did was to log in to the Gov site and register, fill in your details and they will send you a 12 digit number and then a password which you can chose to be sent by your own choice which i chose "text message", this message will last 7 days

I tried before I left the UK and many times since and gave up as they would not send the code.Whatever I get will be welcome, if I live that long.With all the cutbacks the UK tax office has become a shambles they could not organise a p up in a brewery.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Oh we have the System Workers for sure, and of course those will always be around. It is the system gang that hold back many perks that should go to those paid in. In fact you can tell them anywhere you go or live. Always in a Pub, having driven there in a fairly up to date car ( well usually) a Daily trip to the Bookies and have there 2 weeks Holiday in Spain & get new clothes for the Kids from the system ++ The Bonus for Christmas. It would not suit me but I have  brother that has been on the System for over 20+ years. 9 kids and pretty well off, maybe we all got it wrong :89:

Should their money be stopped for any reason their case is always heard first and of course, backdated payments, they get damnwell near free Housing, plenty of Family Credits, + Payments for children on  a sliding scale, they do Ghoster work for Cash and usually have an excuse that the Government believe. In fact Once people are on the System, they just could not afford to go to work :wink:

:hystery: If :508: it sounded like a little rant it's over :whistling:

Jack:smile:

Morning all:photo-109: (Back from his day offline come on now be honest bet some missed me because)  Well Forum Postings.jpg

Sorry jack i had to laugh, because if i did not i would be crying, i have family members just like you have mentioned, and they all sit there claiming everything but complains about anyone else who tries too.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here is the print off boys I received telling me I am going to be richer then many of you.yer right.

IMG_20181001_071751829.jpg.88d1ba73b49d47ce8a0fb9a7abe3f2ca.jpg

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
rotated image
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, stevewool said:

It could be worst, i may never had started saving in a private pension, now i could not retire early at all if that was the case.

I have a substantial private pension as well ,how you are meant to live in £165 a week ,beats me ,unless of course you live in the Philippines  

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Here is the print off boys I received telling me I am going to be richer then many of you.yer right.

Says forecast so my guess if someone asked for the forecast 6 months ago it might say something else and the same in a year the forecast amount might be different. 

• Like 1