When being too Literal can go so very wrong!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Today I will tell a story that is not as funny as it at first sounds, in Fact some 48+ years on it has had and going to have more severe consequences .

My brother in law has had his DFA application turned down for a passport renewal because it was out of date and he had to resubmit his Birth Certificate, now we all know that in a lot of cases misspelled things on official forms here can cause problems but this, is a cracker. The Entry on the BC was put as a direct wording from the Wristband that mothers get put on after delivery. Apparently the Ward Clerk and a clerk from the registrar come and take details, so if Mum is still a little woozy she maybe holds up her arm so they can read who they are discussing. Now after 48 years and seemingly no one checking, poor old Phil has a birth certificate that says

"Baby boy Philip Duran Tomales"  I kid you not, I have seen it, now like many things the Lawyers in Places that need the BC are getting very strict and want it Right. I know this from the problems we had over my wifes BC when I did my 13a. It can take 6/9 months to put right and Phil has been told about 15.000 peso, that does not surprise me but the length of time surely is not on in this day and age ( is it?)

The Reason I say this today is that last night Azons cousin rang to say that the DFA have also turned her down as she is known as

"Baby girl Merci Vilas Valencia"  both of these people were born same Hospital same week so I guess it was the same registrars Clerk that took details :89:

She  has given power of attorney to her Mum to sort out BUT there seems to be a problem with her mums BC as well so we wait for the next episode

Geeze, will life ever get what we should call normal or is normal as it is now?

Jack:huh:

Morning All:photo-109:

• Haha 1
  • I'm Confused 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

We need a new topic area named... "Philippines.... You Can't Make This Up"

• Haha 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

@scott h @Old55

So guys, Pray tell me what you both found so confusing about this Topic? It happens many times and I guess, from your reactions it has never happened to you . :huh: Sometimes this is the difference between Visiting and Living here. Living here, these things come up often from Extended family and I posted to  highlight one of the worst issues I have come across todate,  most days I sit and think about those in a position that should never be there. As nice as they may be, they can and do cause problems Idiots and slap them.jpg :wink: 

Edited by Jack Peterson
a little punctuation if you don't mind
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Confusing as in how could anyone be that stupid to not know Baby Boy of Baby Girl was not part of a name or that this was not noticed when they took it down.

• Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

So guys, Pray tell me what you both found so confusing about this Topic?

Scott has not even replied ? 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Confusing as in how could anyone be that stupid to not know Baby Boy of Baby Girl was not part of a name or that this was not noticed when they took it down.

Well we know where we are EH?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Scott has not even replied ? 

I never said he did, it was his Reaction sent that sparked this little bit :wink:

Mick
Posted
Posted

Imagine how this will be for me, when I applied at the British embassy for my attested documents to get married here, I have a Birth certificate with one name, then an adoption certificate with my new name, the staff at the British embassy who are Philipino, could not grasp why my passport name was same as my adoption papers, and not my Birth certificate.... So I see some fun times ahead 

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Mick said:

So I see some fun times ahead 

I trust that the UK end can clarify that for you my friend, seems some just do not see wood for trees. Best of luck on this, maybe you will keep us informed of how things turn out :thumbsup:

TimL
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Old55 said:

Pretty sad, isn’t it? 😂😂😂

• Hmm thinking 1