Colonoscopy?

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know the approximate price for a colonoscopy in the Makati area?  My preference would be a top notch hospital. The alternative is Silliman University hospital.  I am in a high-risk group for colon cancer and this procedure is done to me once a year.  Now, Medicare informs me they will only pay for one every two years. The cost of private pay is very expensive. It might be cheaper to fly to the Philippines.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

. It might be cheaper to fly to the Philippines.

Cheaper maybe but successful ? Although I put a lot of Faith in Silliman, they really are moving up Scale but so are the charges :smile:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Cheaper maybe but successful ?

Its been a while since I had one done so I do not remember the price. The cost was definitely too low to worry about.  What I do remember is the whole thing was recorded on a CD which I could watch and enjoy at home if I had the desire.  I never did, but I suppose I could have taken that CD to a doctor in the US to view it.

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Cheaper maybe but successful ?

From my understanding Manila has some world standard hospitals so I should imagine they know what their doing. :tiphat:

• Like 3

Rooster
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Does anyone know the approximate price for a colonoscopy in the Makati area?  My preference would be a top notch hospital. The alternative is Silliman University hospital.  I am in a high-risk group for colon cancer and this procedure is done to me once a year.  Now, Medicare informs me they will only pay for one every two years. The cost of private pay is very expensive. It might be cheaper to fly to the Philippines.

Have you researched sites such as this.

https://www.newchoicehealth.com/

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

From my understanding Manila has some world standard hospitals so I should imagine they know what their doing. :tiphat:

JGF with the greatest respect are you reading all the post in entirety, JJ quoted Silliman as a choice hence my Reply, I am sure Manila has as you suggest BUT I answered on a Point I know and trust well. Sorry if it sounds a little OTT but Now, I am getting out of this damn barrel barrel.jpg

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

JGF with the greatest respect are you reading all the post in entirety

Yes Jack if you read the thread the OP mentions hospitals near Makati and your reply was quoting only about the cost of airfares then went on to the Sillman hospital so it can be interpreted that its not worth the cost of airfares to Makati either.  :thumbsup:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Medicare will pay for a colonoscopy every 10 years if you are part of what is known as general population.  For example, no history of colon cancer in the family.  I am with the high risk group and Medicare will pay for a colonoscopy once every two years.  If I self-pay to make it a yearly exam, the additional cost in the United States is between $2,000 to $3,000. 

Assuming the cost in the Philippines -- a hospital in Makati or Cebu or Dumaguete -- is $500 to $750, I can purchase plane tickets, stay a week at a nice hotel, and have the procedure done. 

• Love it 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

Assuming the cost in the Philippines -- a hospital in Makati or Cebu or Dumaguete -- is $500 to $750

I'll guarantee you I did not pay more than US$500 for mine.  Exact price I am unsure of but it was probably less than 20K pesos.

• Like 1