Ultra Lottery

insite
Posted
Posted

The Ultra Lottery is heading up towards one billion pesos presently.

My question is this ........

Can expats resident here legally play and or win ?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, insite said:

I dont think so but I might be wrong. Anyway just get someone else to buy or claim and then send some to me after you are sick of counting it. :7481:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, insite said:

I was watching a Filipino political comedian who commented that "we" (meaning Filipinos) all know a relative of a politician who has won the lottery but none of us know a regular person who has won it, and yet we regular citizens keep buying tickets knowing the big money is ending up in some politicians slush fund. (Obviously not a direct quote but he did the bit quite well and that was the point he got across).

• Like 3

bows00
Posted
Posted

It's a no win situation with a Philippines lottery.  First off, the odds are better to get hit by lighting twice so it's just a waste of money.  And by all odds if you win, your life will permanently be in danger.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bows00 said:

your life will permanently be in danger.

Ill take the chanc:hystery:

• Haha 2

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, insite said:

I researched this in the past & I did not find anything stating Expats/Foreigner Bettors were excluded from playing/collecting winnings. I did find that Lottery Agents/Sellers must be 100% Filipino Citizen owned.

One of the requirements if you win http://www.pcso.gov.ph/FAQs.aspx  is bring your Community Tax Certificate (Sedula).

Expats/Foreigners can get a Sedula (whether needed or not). https://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/services/sedula/  Your wife/girlfriend has a Sedula if she works or pays annual real estate taxes.

Caution if you win. Since you will have to produce a Sedula, they may/will likely check with the BIR because as an Expat/Foreigner, were you required to file your Philippine annual income tax return or are you exempt from filing. https://www.bir.gov.ph/index.php/tax-information/income-tax.html

The "danger" of winning is your name/location will be in the news so you may have to leave the country.

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2002/10/29/181774/lotto-winner-slain-robbers

An interesting subject I also found was on the sweepstakes website is free medical/dental/ambulance programs so if you know anyone in need you can look under programs and services.

http://www.pcso.gov.ph/ProgramsAndServices/MSD/OutPatientServicesProgram.aspx

Edited by Rooster

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I was watching a Filipino political comedian who commented that "we" (meaning Filipinos) all know a relative of a politician who has won the lottery but none of us know a regular person who has won it, and yet we regular citizens keep buying tickets knowing the big money is ending up in some politicians slush fund. (Obviously not a direct quote but he did the bit quite well and that was the point he got across).

It's a way to launder ill gotten wealth. The politician purchases the winning ticket at a slight premium. He then claims the lottery proceeds and can use the funds openly.

• Thanks 1

insite
Posted
Posted

*Prizes above PhP10,000.00 are subject to 20% tax pursuant to TRAIN Law.

Rooster
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, insite said:

*Prizes above PhP10,000.00 are subject to 20% tax pursuant to TRAIN Law.

PCSO needs to update their FAQ site to indicate that on the new TRAIN law.

I just read where the new TRAIN Law changed it. Good Catch. I'll try and amend that in my post.

PCSO advises that on the bottom of each lotter game page now but not on FAQ

http://www.pcso.gov.ph/Games/Lotto/UltraLotto658.aspx

Rooster
Posted
Posted
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:08 PM, insite said:

YES - Read Below

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2018/10/09/1858523/ultra-lotto-658-jackpot-now-p1-billion

Ultra lotto 6/58 jackpot now P1 billion

Rainier Allan Ronda (The Philippine Star) - October 9, 2018 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines — The betting craze continues for the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO)’s online lottery draw Ultra Lotto 6/58 after nobody won the top prize last Sunday, pushing the jackpot to more than P1 billion in tonight’s draw.

There was no winner in Sunday night’s Ultra Lotto 6/58 draw with the winning number combination of 45-21-02-30-07-10 with a jackpot of P954,503,164.

Some 273 bettors got five of the six-digit winning combination and won a consolation prize of P46,890.

PCSO general manager Alexander Balutan said that the P1-billion jackpot is open to anyone above 18 years old, whether Filipino or foreigner.

“Even foreigners can win the jackpot prize if they bought a ticket as long as they are 18 years old and above, which is the age requirement, and as long the claimant has the winning ticket, he or she can take home the jackpot prize,” Balutan said in a statement.

He revealed that there are reports that even foreigners in the country were buying tickets, hoping to win the jackpot.

“Itong P1-billion jackpot prize ay napaka-historic sa PCSO, lahat, lalo na ‘yung mga tumataya eh excited, ‘di na mapakali, at gustung-gusto na talagang manalo. Whoever wins this prize will be the first-ever PCSO billionaire,” Balutan said.

Balutan assured the public that everyone has a fair chance of winning since all lottery games are drawn by machine. The agency implements strict procedures when it comes to the draw, making sure that the money or bets are really there.

“Whoever holds the winning ticket is the winner. So sign your winning lottery ticket immediately and take extra precautions. If you can take a photo and video of yourself with the winning ticket, do it. But don’t post it publicly for security reasons,” emphasized Balutan.

“I hope many bettors win so the jackpot will be distributed…  P1 billion is so big, dizzying, so then many would be happy and with the growing jackpot the sales are increasing… a very big help to our Charity Fund. Hope someone gets lucky,” said Balutan.

So far, the biggest jackpot in the history of the PCSO was P741 million in the Grand Lotto 6/55, won by a Filipino-American who was on vacation here in the Philippines when he placed his bet at a lotto outlet in a duty-free shopping center in Olongapo City, Zambales on Nov. 29, 2010.

“A day before the draw, this 60-year-old Filipino male residing in New York bought the ticket at Royal Duty Free Mall in Olongapo. He got the right combination of 11-16-42-47-31-37. He claimed his prize in December that year,” Balutan shared.

The Ultra Lotto 6/58 jackpot was last won in February by two bettors who shared P331,971,464.

“Remember to place your bets on or before the draw, which is every Tuesday, Friday and Sunday. Keep your ticket/s in a safe place. You might not win the entire six digits, but you have a prize if you get five or three digits of the winning combination correctly,” reminded Balutan.

If by some stroke of luck, you really won the jackpot, the winner has to bring two valid identification cards. Show the winning ticket to the prize claim section of the Accounting and Budget Department of the PCSO.

After the ticket has been validated, the Treasury department will issue a check indicating the amount won with the winner’s name. The winner can then go to the Landbank of the Philippines to encash the check or he/she can open a bank account for security purposes.

• Like 1