Whole Wheat Flour in Angeles or Dau?

PurpleHaze
Posted
Posted

For years I used to buy it at Johhny's on MacArthur, for like 60 or 70p a kilo, but they haven't had any for maybe 6 months now and I've asked a few times but they had no idea if they'll ever carry it again.

Anyone know of a good bakery supply that might carry it? I was downtown today and asked at Angeles Bakery Supply (I think that's the name) by Pure Gold downtown and they don't carry it.

Thanks for any info

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, PurpleHaze said:

For years I used to buy it at Johhny's on MacArthur, for like 60 or 70p a kilo, but they haven't had any for maybe 6 months now and I've asked a few times but they had no idea if they'll ever carry it again.

Anyone know of a good bakery supply that might carry it? I was downtown today and asked at Angeles Bakery Supply (I think that's the name) by Pure Gold downtown and they don't carry it.

Thanks for any info

Why don`t you try Julies or a similar bakery they might sell it.

Rooster
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, PurpleHaze said:

Thanks for any info

Lazada or S&R Dau. 

https://www.lazada.com.ph/catalog/?q=whole+wheat+flour&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4l.searchlist.search.go.31eabbbeCksRqY

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I searched "angeles city bakery supply" and quite a few come up.  You can try Healthy Options at SM Clark, but if they have it, most likely it will be small quantities and expensive.

https://www.google.com/search?q=angeles+city+bakery+supply&rlz=1C1CHBF_enPH748PH748&oq=angeles+city+bakery+supply&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.17771j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

I searched "angeles city bakery supply" and quite a few come up.  You can try Healthy Options at SM Clark, but if they have it, most likely it will be small quantities and expensive.

https://www.google.com/search?q=angeles+city+bakery+supply&rlz=1C1CHBF_enPH748PH748&oq=angeles+city+bakery+supply&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.17771j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

OMW, I've purchased what was a nice quality five pound bag at Healthy Options in Cebu before,  and I don't remember it being super expensive. A bag that size goes pretty far in my experience, depending on what you're making with it.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

OMW, I've purchased what was a nice quality five pound bag at Healthy Options in Cebu before,  and I don't remember it being super expensive. A bag that size goes pretty far in my experience, depending on what you're making with it.

I MIGHT go there tomorrow and if I do I will check it for the OP.

• Like 1

PurpleHaze
Posted
Posted

OK thanks for the replies, I'll check those out.    :867:

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Do the PI's have weevils, if you store flour over here, sure as eggs you get weevils.

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, Clermont said:

Do the PI's have weevils, if you store flour over here, sure as eggs you get weevils.

Oh yeah Clermont--I read recently about a weevil infestation in some sacks of rice stored in a warehouse in Luzon.  Any grains like flour can get pests of some sort I guess. We always keep our flour in the freezer so it doesn't have the possibility of going rancid or getting buggy. Rice we store in those plastic  cracker boxes with the tight fitting lid. One thing that happens for me-- I buy some spaghetti, and it looks fine but after a short while if I don''t use it it can get buggy. I wonder if the bugs were already there in packaging?!

• Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Clermont said:

Do the PI's have weevils

1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

Oh yeah Clermont--I read recently about a weevil infestation

WOW.  Thanks guys.  That is something I never knew or gave the slightest thought to.  I am not a cook!  I just keep a small amount of flour around in the event I feel like crepes on a Sunday morning.  It never occurred to me to check it for bugs before using it but I sure will now.  I will Google them little critters now.  Are the bugs in the flour large enough to see easily (with old guy eyes)?

EDIT:  The google images look like they are tiny critters so its possible I could use the flour without seeing the bugs.  Are the safe to accidentally eat and do they change the taste?  Sounds strange but my old eyes need glasses to eat or I could be eating ants with my food.  Sucks to be me LOL.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver