3 days to go

Mick
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

You may find a problem there as they may not accept the Cert you apply with. I believe there is a 6 month married rule.

Just saying not trying to bubble burst  embarrased  man.jpg

When we applied for the marriage papers, we asked the question, they said first we have to take them to the local office in Marikina which is why we go on honeymoon Tuesday instead of Monday , and get them stamped, before we travel, then produce the documents they will provide us on return so I get the visa. Anyway let's see, no bubble to burst, just another load of paperwork later if your right, plenty of time, no rush

Edited by Mick
Crap spelling
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I don't think there is a 6 month rule.  We were married on Oct. 25. and went to SIN for a long weekend in early November.  On the way back we refused the Balikbayan because we were going to Auckland in less than 30 days.  The immigration guy asked if we wanted it and I don't recall for certain if he asked for Marriage Cert.  So then we went to Auckland on Nov. 30th and returned on January 6th, getting the Balikbayan for a year.  They didn't ask for any proof of marriage and we had our two kids with us.

The only peril will be if they ask for marriage docs and you don't have any they like.  Bring everything you got and even bring pictures of the wedding.  The immigration guys were really nice to us and hopefully they will be to you too!

I have not heard of a 6 month rule but technically to avail the Balikbayan privilege you are meant to be out of the country for a year but never hear of them enforcing it. 

i.   A Filipino citizen who has been continuously out of the Philippines for a period of at least one (1) year;

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/visa-inquiry/balikbayan-previlege

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I don't think there is a 6 month rule.  We were married on Oct. 25. and went to SIN for a long weekend in early November.  On the way back we refused the Balikbayan because we were going to Auckland in less than 30 days.  The immigration guy asked if we wanted it and I don't recall for certain if he asked for Marriage Cert.  So then we went to Auckland on Nov. 30th and returned on January 6th, getting the Balikbayan for a year.  They didn't ask for any proof of marriage and we had our two kids with us.

The only peril will be if they ask for marriage docs and you don't have any they like.  Bring everything you got and even bring pictures of the wedding.  The immigration guys were really nice to us and hopefully they will be to you too!

I have used the Balikbayan privilege umteen times and have never been asked for the Marriage Certificate. And we got married in November 2002 in the UK, we went back to Phils January 2003. But I would make sure about the "6-month rule"    Rules may have changed since then!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

But I would make sure about the "6-month rule"    Rules may have changed since then!

I would make sure one has the marriage certificate because its a requirement and one day someone will insist you have it. Not sure why no one asks for yours as I've seen other posts where people say they show their certificate. 

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I would make sure one has the marriage certificate because its a requirement and one day someone will insist you have it. Not sure why no one asks for yours as I've seen other posts where people say they show their certificate. 

Have always had the marriage certificate with me when entering immigration control, Don't know why they never asked for it. Got a 13a now.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Mick said:

Job done...... 

IMG_20181008_010706_100.jpg  :clapping_80_anim_gif: congratulations.jpg

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Mick
Posted
Posted

Quick update, just landed back after our honeymoon, and asked the passport control for a year visa as I'm now married, he asked for the wedding certificate. But we did not have it, as we applied the day before we left, but showed him the receipt for the 200 peso we paid to get it approved in the local town hall (it's ready now and will get tomorrow) , which he was happy with, and got a 1 year stamp free of charge 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I somehow missed the picture of you and your lovely wife Mick. Well done sir! Congratulations to you both.

Mick
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I somehow missed the picture of you and your lovely wife Mick. Well done sir! Congratulations to you both.

Thank you...... 

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic