STARTING A NEW ESTATE AGENCY LIKE IN UK, !!!

jasken
Posted
Posted

Hi all expats, 

I came to the Philippines in 2013, started a shrimp farm with my best from advice from our filipino chefs on our ship, went well then the bad weather came and wiped us out, saving gone, we went our separate ways but i stayed a while and met my future wife,  now 2018, i still work away for 8 months a year but coming to the end now, have money to build a house,  just want some advice, i want a simple house, large but on one floor; thinking of old age and don't want to buy that stannah stair lift hehe. i need to rent again for 1 year at least, our family has grown and we need bigger space, rents now online are extortionate, who is powering the rates!!!!! 

I have looked online for rentals, building land for private plots, and new houses for resale, it's a shambles, all you get is the official sites directed to you or the commision based sellers, and the high end rentals.

I was thinking about the sharks in the UK, they set up an office, a few computers and a display of houses with exterior and interior photos with prices!! they will take you there for viewing and assist in buying the house.

So simple, but nothing like this in Phils, I think there is a niese in the market now, so many condos and new builds being built so quickly, a new style estate agency, most owners are from overseas! a small office, one in every barangay, with a good photographer and sales person with aggressive marketing could turn this sector around, i have spent at least 40 hours looking for a rental house within my price range, our one stop office could be a saver and a money spinner for all investors!! What do you think,

Take care

jas

• Like 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, jasken said:

Hi all expats, 

I came to the Philippines in 2013, started a shrimp farm with my best from advice from our filipino chefs on our ship, went well then the bad weather came and wiped us out, saving gone, we went our separate ways but i stayed a while and met my future wife,  now 2018, i still work away for 8 months a year but coming to the end now, have money to build a house,  just want some advice, i want a simple house, large but on one floor; thinking of old age and don't want to buy that stannah stair lift hehe. i need to rent again for 1 year at least, our family has grown and we need bigger space, rents now online are extortionate, who is powering the rates!!!!! 

I have looked online for rentals, building land for private plots, and new houses for resale, it's a shambles, all you get is the official sites directed to you or the commision based sellers, and the high end rentals.

I was thinking about the sharks in the UK, they set up an office, a few computers and a display of houses with exterior and interior photos with prices!! they will take you there for viewing and assist in buying the house.

So simple, but nothing like this in Phils, I think there is a niese in the market now, so many condos and new builds being built so quickly, a new style estate agency, most owners are from overseas! a small office, one in every barangay, with a good photographer and sales person with aggressive marketing could turn this sector around, i have spent at least 40 hours looking for a rental house within my price range, our one stop office could be a saver and a money spinner for all investors!! What do you think,

Take care

jas

Google search; how to become a real estate agent in the Philippines. They are already virtually everywhere.

insite
Posted
Posted

The only two things to survive a nuclear strike :

Cockroaches

And

Estate Agents !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Like many things here, a lot of stuff is done on an informal basis, with word-of-mouth being the marketing of choice.  My community has a few Estate Agents - they don't have an office, they don't advertise but everyone knows who to go to when buying/selling.  I suppose the much bigger cities have more formal arrangements so it will depend on where you are based.  And nowadays everything is online so I'm not sure " "swimming against the tide" with a bricks and mortar set-up is the way ahead.  Maybe an all-singing, all-dancing internet site would be the best option?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, jasken said:

What do you think

I think you are on the wrong track, but if you want to follow your dream you need to know the rules.  Here is a link to get started
https://www.prc.gov.ph/real-estate

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, jasken said:

So simple, but nothing like this in Phils,

I dont get it. Many real estate agents have a shop front and website. Then there are sites like https://www.lamudi.com.ph/ or https://www.property24.com.ph/

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

A Dutch man has a shop in Argao southern Cebu.He does ok.

jasken
Posted
Posted

Thank you all for your advice and comments, i appreciate it very much.

I'm here in Cavite and can't find one estate agent,  all the online sites are not up to date, driven by greed and infested with self employed agents.

As said by HK Blues it's all word of mouth here, i know of 30 properties here that i can't find on the internet, all good but not what i need for my family. I think web site based companies, when it comes to renting or buying a house are impersonal; i want to talk about the property and ask questions before i go and see them,  im sure in your life you have had the same service.

Here in the Phils there are plenty of non disclosure problems you will find, saves time and grief, can't do this on the internet. We have a Water station business and ice cream shop here, took a lot of blood , sweat and tears over 3 years to get them started, unearthing the system was unbelievable, back handers and more. 

So i will go ahead and set up our first agency here in Cavite, find a Filipino with the right qualifications and go for a partnership 50/50, buy a car for viewing, rent an office, and spend on marketing which is the most important aspect, as you will all know.

If it fails i will eat my flip flops, hehe

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/flip-flop

Take care expats,

Thank you

jasken
Posted
Posted

Image result for estate agency uk

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Here's one in Cebu run by a Brit and wife. Since you already made your mind up I am not sure of the purpose of this topic :smile:

IMG_0134 (2).jpg