vocational rehab

eloi
Posted
Posted

hello

my bf plans on coming here to the philippines for good. he is medically retired and honorably discharged. i have questions: 

1) will the manila va have programs vocational rehab so he can at least work here?

2) will his pension run out?

• Like 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, eloi said:

hello

my bf plans on coming here to the philippines for good. he is medically retired and honorably discharged. i have questions: 

1) will the manila va have programs vocational rehab so he can at least work here?

2) will his pension run out?

Your BF should contact the Manila VARO directly to inquire about Voc rehab and his pension. There are too many variables.  Although it's the VA, they have different rules than the VA in the states. 

https://www.benefits.va.gov/ROMANILA/services-offered.asp

For work. He should do the research on his own so he can  see it's virtually impossible unless he meets the strict Philippine Visa/Work permit requirements. Google can a foreigner/alien work in the Philippines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Have your boyfriend join the forum we have many vets here from US UK and Australia we would welcome him here.

• Like 1

TimL
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have to smile when Filipinas contact other expats to ask if their boyfriend's pension will run out or how much it will be. :whistling:  We get to know their priorities that way.

I know, right... 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have to smile when Filipinas contact other expats to ask if their boyfriend's pension will run out or how much it will be. :whistling:  We get to know their priorities that way.

Well to be fair, she did ask first if he could get a job? :hystery:  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

Well to be fair, she did ask first if he could get a job? :hystery:  

Yes Mike, for when that pension runs out.:wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

When i met my first philipina family ,it took her dad 5 minutes to ask me how much my pension was worth :89:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

When i met my first philipina family ,it took her dad 5 minutes to ask me how much my pension was worth :89:

They just love conversations that will help buy a Bottle :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

eloi
Posted
Posted
On 10/6/2018 at 12:57 PM, TimL said:

I know, right... 😂😂😂😂

wow. that came out wrong. i meant to ask if his fisabiloty will run out or if there are conditions there. and yes there are. dont you generalize filipinas that were milking you americans. the 4 years weve been together , never have i asked for money or he has given me any. i have a nice stable job working at a bank. so no im not a dependa. i was just asking for stipulations of his disability income. not all americans are financially well off so dont think that all filipinas are just using you as atms.

if its any worth, i was the one helping him through some sticky situations in the past. so thank you very much for judging.

• Like 3