vocational rehab

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, eloi said:

if its any worth, i was the one helping him through some sticky situations in the past. so thank you very much for judging.

Don't take any notice of the stereotyping comments but it's probably caused by the way your questions were asked.

Now for the rest of us, remember if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

eloi
Posted
Posted
On 10/6/2018 at 12:57 PM, TimL said:

I know, right... 😂😂😂😂

On 10/7/2018 at 8:40 AM, Old55 said:

Yes Mike, for when that pension runs out.:wink:

On 10/6/2018 at 11:55 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have to smile when Filipinas contact other expats to ask if their boyfriend's pension will run out or how much it will be. :whistling:  We get to know their priorities that way.

im not milking him for money. not once did he give me any money or have i asked him for it. so im not using him for money. my family isnt either as we all have stable office jobs. no we dont work in clubs.

im not a friggin dependa. i asked that question because our long term goal is to buy a house and put up a business and he needs to help out. i cant do it alone. 

so go away you judgmental sticks. im not some gold digging dependa. i have a job working at a bank. 

eloi
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Don't take any notice of the stereotyping comments but it's probably caused by the way your questions were asked.

Now for the rest of us, remember if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. :thumbsup:

it just annoys me to be stereotyped. i worked hard to finish college get a degree have a decent nice paying job only to be stereotyped. i repeat. not all filipinos are scammers or gold diggers

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, eloi said:

it just annoys me to be stereotyped. i worked hard to finish college get a degree have a decent nice paying job only to be stereotyped. i repeat. not all filipinos are scammers or gold diggers

We know that but at the same time a lot of people have had bad experiences which we hear about daily. Anyway back to topic. Is your boyfriend able to join the forum to have some input into questions he may need answered? 

Rooster
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, eloi said:

i was just asking for stipulations of his disability income.

Again, there are too many variables.

Is he rated Temporarily Disabled with future examinations that may eliminate or reduce his disability rating. Is he Permanent & Total, no future examinations, etc. etc. etc. 

Rooster
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, eloi said:

im not milking him for money. not once did he give me any money or have i asked him for it. so im not using him for money. my family isnt either as we all have stable office jobs. no we dont work in clubs.

im not a friggin dependa. i asked that question because our long term goal is to buy a house and put up a business and he needs to help out. i cant do it alone. 

so go away you judgmental sticks. im not some gold digging dependa. i have a job working at a bank. 

Regarding: our long term goal is to buy a house and put up a business and he needs to help out. i cant do it alone. 

I'm aware of a guy in his early 30's who moved here, got married, he and the wife started an internet café/restaurant. His VA disability rating got reduced and he had to move back to the states.  There are too many variables. One answer does not apply to all. If you are relying on him for his disability income as his sole source of income then it's a risk. Furthermore, does he have his 40 Social Security Credits that make him eligible for SS to further help you both out when he reaches 62?

Good luck. 

Gator
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, eloi said:

i asked that question because our long term goal is to buy a house and put up a business and he needs to help out. i cant do it alone. 

You might want to search thru the forum for topics about foreigners just “helping out” with the family business as well as what type of visa is required (and how difficult it is to get one) for a foreigner to work in the Phils. 

Suffice it to say without the proper visa, which is extremely difficult to get, it’s illegal for him work or even just help out. Frankly speaking I don’t see him ever getting a work visa to run or help out in an Internet cafe as there so many IT grads there. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Is your boyfriend able to join the forum

Good question.  As I read the name of the forum it says "Philippine expats".  I take it that means the forum is for Non-Filipinos who expatriate from other countries to the Philippines.  But I believe everyone is welcome so long as they understand why we are here in the first place and play nice with others.

2 hours ago, eloi said:

it just annoys me to be stereotyped

Yeah, we guys get that a lot too.  Every time someone finds out we like to stay in the Philippines there are all kinds of stereotypes that we have to deal with.  That's life.  Live it.

2 hours ago, eloi said:

so go away

Well if you can say it, (and you just did), is there any harm in telling you my opinion is exactly the same?  I mean, I don't want to be rude so I would just say exactly the same as you, Fair is fair.

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

TimL
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 10/10/2018 at 5:31 PM, eloi said:

wow. that came out wrong. i meant to ask if his fisabiloty will run out or if there are conditions there. and yes there are. dont you generalize filipinas that were milking you americans. the 4 years weve been together , never have i asked for money or he has given me any. i have a nice stable job working at a bank. so no im not a dependa. i was just asking for stipulations of his disability income. not all americans are financially well off so dont think that all filipinas are just using you as atms.

if its any worth, i was the one helping him through some sticky situations in the past. so thank you very much for judging.

Sheesh... why are you venting on me? I didn’t say it, I just agreed with it. 😂😂😂 Don’t be so touchy, it was simply all in fun. ;) usually when someone gets upset at a joke, it’s cause they have reason to. 🙄🙄🙄 The best response would have been, “good one guys, I left myself wide open for that one”. Hehehe

Anyway, to answer your question, I don’t know if the military is different from Social Security (SS) disability but, SS will stay in effect until such time as he’s healthy enough to work again or until death, whichever comes first. My guess is, if he gets a job somewhere, poof goes the disability or at the very least, they could reduce if he’s found to be earning an income. They generally only give you disability if you’re deemed unable to work. He should know what the stipulations of his disability are. He didn’t share that info with you? 

Edited by TimL

TimL
Posted
Posted
On 10/10/2018 at 5:37 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Of all people to say that. 🙄🙄🙄 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1