Passport validity

RBM
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

It may be called re stamping. As far as asking the question to the BI,

Kindly visit our Main Office in Intramuros Manila to report your status and ask for further advise regarding your concern. Thanks.

Some links

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/services/others/re-stamping-of-visa

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/FORMS/Checklist/9Others/2014-04-001 Rev 0 Re-stamping of Visa.pdf

or maybe

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/services/others/transfer-from-old-lost-cancelled-passport

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/FORMS/2016_IRD/IRD-C-ATP-2016.pdf

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Visa re-stamping
If a foreigner (alien) lives for a long time in the Philippines, one day his/her passport expires.

Most embassies can produce a new passport within 10 days to 2 weeks and send it to you by a courier service.

But your permanent resident visa, your Balikbayan stamp or your SRRV still sticks in the old passport.

The transfer of a visa from an old to a new passport is called "re-stamping" in the Philippines.

The procedure depends on your visa.

Any class 13 visa
You'll have to go to Manila. The re-stamping is only made in BI head office in Intramuros.

Here is the current form to fill in and to bring with your old and new passport.

RA 7919 form

The procedure will cost between PHP 1,010 and PHP 1,510

https://www.silent-gardens.com/visa.php

Thanks for that, yes did see link how ever it relates to 2014, I am wondering if a tourist visa is a 13 visa as they mention perminant residence visas. I shall read the links you so kindly provided and hope to be enlightened.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, RBM said:

Thanks for that, yes did see link how ever it relates to 2014, I am wondering if a tourist visa is a 13 visa as they mention perminant residence visas. I shall read the links you so kindly provided and hope to be enlightened.

I was watching a expat video last night which reminded me of this subject from the past and the vlogger was saying that people he knows had to go to Manila and this was a new video. Either way best to be sure and give yourself time to sort it out.

Only about 4 or so months back the BI wanted my old passport that I never even entered on this time around and I had already been here for about 18 months. Who knows why. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

No that would not be possible because as soon as the new passport is issued the old is cancelled Dave

Ah well your experience is different in your country then.  On the 3 occasions, I have had a new Canadian Passport issued they just cut off the corner and return it to me as there are important visa stamps in it that the Philippine BI must see when you either renew your visa or exit the country.  If you let your government keep the old one. . . .  .  well good luck to ye.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, RBM said:

You have brought up a bad memory!  I'm certain I posted this story years ago but it is nowhere to be found now.

In late 2014 the head office was still the only place to get a 6 month tourist extension, so I went to get one, with my brand new passport.  When I got there, they told me I had to go through this "re-stamping".  Ok, fine.

So I had a few windows to visit.  While walking from one to another, my old invalid passport leaped from my shirt pocket when I was not looking.  A quick retracement of my steps soon told me that further searching would be fruitless.  I think they have a lost and found which I checked.

I was midway through the process and was sent to an BI attorney upstairs, who listened to my story with incredulous eyes.  I even had fresh photocopies of the old one and some staff had seen my old one already.

I was now a "lost passport" victim and I was directed to a civilian attorney next door, where I had to draw up an affidavit about losing my passport.  The typist had laughing eyes!

Back over to BI and a few hours later my new passport had a big stamp on the first page with my old passport # and my entry flight info, and a notation that my stay was extended 6 months.

Thanks for the memories!  :bonk:

• Haha 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Ah well your experience is different in your country then.  On the 3 occasions, I have had a new Canadian Passport issued they just cut off the corner and return it to me as there are important visa stamps in it that the Philippine BI must see when you either renew your visa or exit the country.  If you let your government keep the old one. . . .  .  well good luck to ye.

Dave your still in the dark ages, this was done in NZ 10 years ago. Now one applies on line and after the initial hassle of having the high quality pic it's pain free. New one issued and old one canceled simultaneously. 

RBM
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

You have brought up a bad memory!  I'm certain I posted this story years ago but it is nowhere to be found now.

In late 2014 the head office was still the only place to get a 6 month tourist extension, so I went to get one, with my brand new passport.  When I got there, they told me I had to go through this "re-stamping".  Ok, fine.

So I had a few windows to visit.  While walking from one to another, my old invalid passport leaped from my shirt pocket when I was not looking.  A quick retracement of my steps soon told me that further searching would be fruitless.  I think they have a lost and found which I checked.

I was midway through the process and was sent to an BI attorney upstairs, who listened to my story with incredulous eyes.  I even had fresh photocopies of the old one and some staff had seen my old one already.

I was now a "lost passport" victim and I was directed to a civilian attorney next door, where I had to draw up an affidavit about losing my passport.  The typist had laughing eyes!

Back over to BI and a few hours later my new passport had a big stamp on the first page with my old passport # and my entry flight info, and a notation that my stay was extended 6 months.

Thanks for the memories!  :bonk:

Was this in a 13 visa or tourist 9a. 

I can find no info on line for Re stamping concerning the 9a, decided take both old and new PP to Cebu and go from there. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, RBM said:

Was this in a 13 visa or tourist 9a. 

I can find no info on line for Re stamping concerning the 9a, decided take both old and new PP to Cebu and go from there. 

It was 9a tourist.  I went there to get the 6 month extension and they had me go through the restamp process because I had a new passport.

I agree, I don't see anything about a tourist needing a re-stamp, but I guess once they had me prisoner there and saw that I was a long term tourist (2+ years about then), they had me do it.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Dave your still in the dark ages, this was done in NZ 10 years ago. Now one applies on line and after the initial hassle of having the high quality pic it's pain free. New one issued and old one canceled simultaneously. 

Aye, that may be.  But my latest experience is only 2 years old.  Canada still cut the edge off the passport and sent it back to me at that time, and the Philippine BI (also still in the dark ages) requestesd the old passport.  They don't care that the old passport is not valid.   They care what stamps are in it that they put there. Since I entered the country on my new passport I was surprised to see that they still wanted to see the old, but they were checking the validity of my ACR card.  It is stamped in my old passport when I paid for it so they needed to check.

But this is Philippines, you may report back to us about having an easy time of it, or you may find we are still in the dark ages in Philippines.  Let us know how it all turns out.  I have found that a lot of the info I give here is "from the dark ages" and many people realize they can google and find much more current and up to date info.  (Unfortunately many come to the forum and have a rant say that info was wrong but what can ya do?)

So while wishing you all the best, I can imagine a certain degree of difficulty leaving the Philippines on a new passport without having the old one with you.  Am I correct that is what you are going to do?  I may just find myself amazed if the Philippines gives you a pass on that.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Thanks Dave nice comments, appreciated. Last time NZ  cut edges off my old passport was 10 + years ago.

Still trying to find  info on what the current requirements are pertaining to 9a visa. Probably  going to bring both passports to BI Cebu and find out there what needs to be done.

If any reader has any tips or comments love to hear from them, yes Dave will post results as may be useful for other people.

• Thanks 2