Cheap Visa Flights

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Hey guys, well the time has finally come for me to make the retirement move to Cebu, and not just be a frequent visitor.

I know I have seen this discussed before, but I can't find the thread. I don't really want to hand over several thousand dollars for a retirement visa.

I would much rather make the visa run. What is the cheapest destination these days for a quick in and out to get the visa stamped?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Malaysia is usually cheap. If your just about to move here then you have 3 years to worry about where you are exiting to. :thumbsup: 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Medic Mike said:

What is the cheapest destination these days for a quick in and out

Remember the tourists need an out and in and out.  Or coming for the first time you need a ticket here and out again.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Medic Mike said:

Hey guys, well the time has finally come for me to make the retirement move to Cebu, and not just be a frequent visitor.

I know I have seen this discussed before, but I can't find the thread. I don't really want to hand over several thousand dollars for a retirement visa.

I would much rather make the visa run. What is the cheapest destination these days for a quick in and out to get the visa stamped?

Nice to hear from you again!  Congrats on the retirement!

To clarify and add to what JGF and Dave said....

If you will be on a tourist visa and buy a one way ticket to come here, you need a one way "throw away" exit ticket to board the plane.

You can stay 3 years doing tourist visa extensions.  At that time or sometime before, you need to exit the country to restart your tourist visa clock.  That is when you would buy your "in and out".

In both cases, as JGF said, Malaysia often has cheap tickets.  I got my "throw away" to Kota Kinabalu for less than USD $20.  When it came time for my "in and out" after almost three years,  Clark to Hong Kong Cebu Pacific overnight worked for me.  I think I paid a bit less than $100 usd for that one.

Join the mailing lists for all the discount carriers.  That is often the best way to score a cheap ticket.

• Like 1

LUFCinMakati
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Medic Mike said:

Just go to immigration and extend, many people I know do it without a problem, I have done this myself in the past. I'm told you can do it for up to 3 years? If your married just take the wife with you and you get a 12 month BB on arrival.

If you have to get a flight I would imagine KK will be the cheapest and as others have said you will need an exit flight. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, LUFCinMakati said:

Just go to immigration and extend, many people I know do it without a problem,

you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg :whistling: Mike is a really old hand here, ( Hi Mike welcome back.jpg)  he knows all about extensions, this time I guess, he is REALLY intent to settle down & I  think he really just wants the Cheap way  to do the Visa Run after his 3 years are up :wink:

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the info contained in this thread, as I am looking for a throw away for an exit out of Manila, as Qantas in Australia won't let you come to the Philippines unless you have a ticket out.

Malaysia airlines sounds the go.

Cheers

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

Thanks for the info contained in this thread, as I am looking for a throw away for an exit out of Manila, as Qantas in Australia won't let you come to the Philippines unless you have a ticket out.

Malaysia airlines sounds the go.

Cheers

Your throw away does not have to be from any particular airport as long as it is in the Philippines.

Malaysian Air is not a discount carrier so you are more likely to get a cheapy throw away on one of the discount carriers.  Air Asia often has good deals for Malaysia.  Get on the mailing lists so you are notified right away of good deals.

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Thanks OnMyWay, I didn't think of leaving Cebu or someplace else, the searching begins.

• Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Thanks OnMyWay, I didn't think of leaving Cebu or someplace else, the searching begins.

Smaller airports sometimes have better fares because their landing fees are lower than Manila.

How about this?  Clark to Taiwan on Air Asia.  A lot of dates available for p1445, about USD 27.  Make sure you de-select all the add-ons when checking out.

Air Asia has one of the better calendars.  It will show the fares right at the beginning when choosing the date.