Advice on where to live.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Keb said:

I was given to understand that anywhere south of Manila was dangerous to foreigners. It would appear that I have been misinformed.

Foreigners live all over the Philippines except for a couple of areas that are unsafe.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Keb said:

I was given to understand that anywhere south of Manila was dangerous to foreigners

Far from it apart from some Isolated Places and Mindanao Negros is quite safe (Well as safe as it gets)

Keb
Posted
Posted

Thank you guys for your input. I guess the only thing I can do is to come over and spend a week or two there and see how I feel about it.

I certainly like the photo you sent Jack, it seems the sort of thing I would enjoy. 

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Keb said:

Hi Jack Thanks very much for replying.

Bike clubs I mean bowls, golf anywhere where you can sit and have a quiet drink in the afternoon or in the evening. A place to meet people and have pleasant conversation.

Visit/Google La Union. Bauang,  San Fernando, San Juan.  Many Expats/Foreigners are relocating/moving to La Union. Excellent nightlife, beach resorts, golf at Thunderbird or Baguio. Country, city or beach front living. Reasonable rent. Weekly hash Harrier runs if you are into that. Lawn Bowling, Surfing, Expat Clubs/Expat Girlie Bars.  

Edited by Rooster

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Rooster said:

Expat Girlie Bars

Are you telling me white mamas are dancing now :nudie:

• Haha 2

Keb
Posted
Posted

Just been reading a bit about La Union. I must say it looks a pretty nice place, do many expats live there?

Rooster
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Keb said:

Just been reading a bit about La Union. I must say it looks a pretty nice place, do many expats live there?

Yes, many various nationalities. 

Lou49
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Keb said:

La Union is ok, nice little place, nice beaches, not far from Baguio, not a lot of night life, not a lot of foreigners....Try Cebu City, quite a few foreigners to socialize with and help u learn the ropes, lots of night life if u want that, lots of “social clubs” in places like Ayala Mall, such as TGIF, Bo’s Coffee, The Social, etc....it would be a good place to start. Lots of friendlies around to shoot the breeze with. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Try Iloilo...just about enough to do for ex-pats and safe (in my opinion) and prices still relatively low for those on a tight budget. 

Keb
Posted
Posted

Thanks HK for your feedback. In fact I appreciate  everybody's help. with the places I have decided to visit next time I come over I think I'm going to have to spend more time there than I originally envisaged.

Once once again thanks very much I appreciate it. 

On 10/10/2018 at 4:55 PM, Jack Peterson said:

Just a quick one on this What do you term a social club?

BTW Welcome.jpg

• Like 2