Alcoholic Expat and His Children

Ryan.
Posted
Posted

If anybody is familiar with a reference to Jerry Springer this is that kind of post. An alchoholic expat that I know has three children here between eight and two that have not obtained U.S citizenship. He is on Social Security but just now (Oct 2018) had to borrow money to fly home as a result of severe health complications. His wife is poorly educated, status seeking and has a collection of children with different last names besides the expat. Expat has no assets. Wife negative assets.

Embassy and Social Security has minimum standards of proof regarding citizenship and spousal/child benefits. 

I’m researching now. Interesting subject. It seems tricky to obtain citizenship or future death benefits with unmotivated parents and dodgy documentation. 

• Sad 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I think it will be one off them posts, sorry mate but that is the way it is. Embassies don't give a rats, I think from past memory, they have to get a DNA done of the child/children before they will entertain any recognition of legitisy. If you know the family well, about all you can do is help where you can. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Ryan. said:

If anybody is familiar with a reference to Jerry Springer this is that kind of post. An alchoholic expat that I know has three children here between eight and two that have not obtained U.S citizenship. He is on Social Security but just now (Oct 2018) had to borrow money to fly home as a result of severe health complications. His wife is poorly educated, status seeking and has a collection of children with different last names besides the expat. Expat has no assets. Wife negative assets.

Embassy and Social Security has minimum standards of proof regarding citizenship and spousal/child benefits. 

I’m researching now. Interesting subject. It seems tricky to obtain citizenship or future death benefits with unmotivated parents and dodgy documentation. 

Ask the U.S. Consulate in Cebu if there are any Amerasian relief groups in your area like the Pearl S. Buck foundation. Perhaps one of their case workers can help out. 

• Thanks 1

Ryan.
Posted
Posted

Thanks for all added content. I don’t know why I posted the above. I guess I am venting my dismay at how some adults carry on with their life. As bad as humanity can get, in my fantasy world at least the children are spared. Stories like this continue. Local and expat. Nothing new. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1