The big move.

Recommended Posts

  • Forum Support
Posted

CONGRATULATIONS! Keep us posted on your adventures please?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
1 hour ago, gbmmbg said:

Well after 29 years of living and working in the states we made the move back to the Philippines. We will be staying in cebu for a few months then up to Lipa city. Funny thing is my wife is the one who is having a hard time adjusting. Well wish me luck.  We have been waiting for this for a long time. 

Good for you. Adjusting might take time or may not happen to an extent it should or what you might hope for. When you say move back do you mean you are both Philippines born? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

gbmmbg

Wishing you every happiness on the move back to PI.

Keep us posted on your experiences :thumbsup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
Posted
On 10/14/2018 at 4:20 AM, gbmmbg said:

Well after 29 years of living and working in the states we made the move back to the Philippines. We will be staying in cebu for a few months then up to Lipa city. Funny thing is my wife is the one who is having a hard time adjusting. Well wish me luck.  We have been waiting for this for a long time. 

Heya,

How did the move to Lips city go?  It's one of the cities in my short list so I would appreciate some details.😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
2 hours ago, Balisidar said:

Heya,

How did the move to Lips city go?  It's one of the cities in my short list so I would appreciate some details.😁

Like everything in my life, not as planned:89: We are still in cebu. We wound up getting a place on the beach, something my wife always wanted. We are heading up to lipa later this month to check on the place. I love the cooler weather and laid back lifestyle and being close to the big city is a plus for me. Not much in the way of night life but not far from it. Over all it's a good mix for me, however after 30 years of the wife living were i have to work i think it's time for her to pick were we call home for awhile. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
5 minutes ago, gbmmbg said:

Like everything in my life, not as planned:89: We are still in cebu. We wound up getting a place on the beach, something my wife always wanted. We are heading up to lipa later this month to check on the place. I love the cooler weather and laid back lifestyle and being close to the big city is a plus for me. Not much in the way of night life but not far from it. Over all it's a good mix for me, however after 30 years of the wife living were i have to work i think it's time for her to pick were we call home for awhile. 

I hear you.  Cebu is a pretty nice area also.  I'm hoping our plan works out.  We are due to retire at the end of 2020.  We love Tagaytay city but Lipa city costs quite a bit less and is almost the same elevation as Tagaytay.  Another plus for Lipa is it's not quite as easy for my wife's relatives from Nasugbu Batangas to visit us. :thumbsup:

Well keep us informed and the best of luck to you.:fingerscrossed_80_anim_gif:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
17 minutes ago, Balisidar said:

We love Tagaytay city but Lipa city costs quite a bit less and is almost the same elevation as Tagaytay

That is true for now but the high cost of land in tagaytay is driving up the cost of land in lipa. Some people are paying crazy prices for lots that have a peek a boo view of taal lake but I bet they have no idea what it is going to cost to build on a lot that steep. By the way what part of Washington are you in? I grew up in Monroe and kent.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
6 minutes ago, gbmmbg said:

. By the way what part of Washington are you in? I grew up in Monroe and kent.

I've mostly lived in the South Puget sound area.  Lakewood, Steilacoom, etc.  Currently we live in Puyallup.😃

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...