Free to air TV

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, LUFCinMakati said:

I used an IPTV system, it has 25K chanels, called xxxxx. Channels include all the BT / Sky sports, discovery, movies etc, costs P5K per year.

PM and I can give you the guys details, many of us use the system and works really well. 

Thanks but as I have said. I dont own the condo but manage it. If the owner wont pay 400 a month for sky TV then I doubt if he will pay anything until someone complains there is no TV so thats why I wanted to at least get some free channels up. 

LUFCinMakati
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Thanks but as I have said. I dont own the condo but manage it. If the owner wont pay 400 a month for sky TV then I doubt if he will pay anything until someone complains there is no TV so thats why I wanted to at least get some free channels up. 

Didn't read all the posts!

Doubt there is anything free worth watching?

Most people have netflix's etc and watch there own programs, if you have good wifi then people will have a way of accessing programs. 

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Might be a silly question but can free to watch channels be used here without like Sky TV ETC. 

Philippines converted from Analog to Digital Broadcasting. I'm not sure if any still broadcast in Analog.

For older TV's, one needs a Digital Converter and a Antenna capable of receiving Digital Broadcast Signals. Newer TV's need only the digital reception antenna. I posted some sites below that sell the items. Local stores sell the same items as well.

It's funny to see vendors walking along the street with a handful of outdated useless Analog Antennas trying to sell them house to house.

This site lists the Cebu Stations Broadcasting in Digital.

http://pinoytechsaga.blogspot.com/2017/04/list-of-available-digital-tv-stations-in-the-philippines.html

Digital TV Antenna's/Converter boxes.

https://www.olx.ph/item/sky-tv-plus-black-box-digital-tv-tuner-home-car-use-hideaway-v1-v2-ID7yn2l.html?h=78f1f0cf31

https://www.lazada.com.ph/catalog/?spm=a2o4l.searchlist.search.4.41fe5d57TldaOE&q=digital tv antenna&_keyori=ss&from=suggest_normal&sugg=digital tv antenna_3_1

https://www.lazada.com.ph/catalog/?q=digital+tv+box&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4l.searchlist.search.go.41fe5d5765OIBp

Edited by Rooster
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Rooster said:

Newer TV's need only the digital reception antenna

The TV would be less than a year old when bought so probably just needs antenna. :56da64af91f92_23_11_602:

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I have the High Definition Digital antenna and can safely say there's nothing free worth watching.  It may be different in a big city but in Puerto Galera I get about 4 channels all selling cheap goods and the picture isn't that great.  My TV is about 4 months old and a Smart TV.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

I have the High Definition Digital antenna and can safely say there's nothing free worth watching.  It may be different in a big city but in Puerto Galera I get about 4 channels all selling cheap goods and the picture isn't that great.  My TV is about 4 months old and a Smart TV.

From a link Rooster provided. I dont know what these channels produce but its not me who will be watching and in my experiences a high percentage of guests are Filipinos so wont matter if in the Filipino language ETC .

tv stations.jpg

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I used to have an large RV in the states and when the wife & I spent time there & traveled to various states/locations; if we wanted to watch tv we would either connect to a cable the RV park had at each spot but if we had no hardwire connection we had to use the 360 degree rotating digital antenna on the roof. I had to use a feature inside to rotate the antenna for each channel to receive the best signal. I also had a signal amplifier. 

So IMHO, get the best "home" digital antenna is one that has an amplifier and a 360 degree rotational feature that allows you to electronically rotate it (from inside the home) to an azimuth that maximizes the signal per channel/frequency.  Some old Analog antennas had the rotation feature as well for anyone who remembers. Example:

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/viewtv-wa-2708b-snap-on-outdoor-amplified-digital-tv-antenna-150-miles-range-360-rotation-wireless-remote-no-tools-required-black-intl-i142472960-s162549217.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlist.list.60.7b52328b2BjOXp&search=1

One of the brothers of my wife is in an area in Taguig Manila where he just put a stationary Digital antenna on the roof and receives a good signal from all frequencies without having to rotate it.

We have Cable/Satellite so we're not using the free digital.

Edited by Rooster
  • Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Thanks

Just that a condo I am managing has a nice big TV and no cable. I tried to get the cheapskate owner who is a friend to connect cable for about an extra 400 peso a month on top of internet but no and now he has gone for 6 months. Just thought if I could get something other than the DVD player he has connected would be better than nothing. 

Sounds like a place I rented in Winland towers a while back. Huge TV and onlya DVD player. I had an HDMI cable so watched Netflix and Direct TV (USA based subscription from my cell phone plan) via my phone. 

Wound getting a TV Plus box (left with a girl I know there). Although not free - one time 1,500 peso cost. Lots of channnels and can pay weekly or monthly up charge for some movie channels. Has antenna built in and reception / picture quality was quite good. Includes charger and cable to connect to TV. 

C27CCCF1-4388-4BC5-9D9A-E6EA1FBDF5AF.jpeg3254F130-9234-4422-BE67-6C8461542ACE.jpeg194FB4C2-7945-47F3-AAC9-6B54B77719D4.jpegD278A08A-1A49-4931-92D8-EF2683254E6E.jpeg

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

I thought the one we looked at at the mall only had 12 channels?

Edited by GeoffH

jimeve
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Gator said:

Sounds like a place I rented in Winland towers a while back. Huge TV and onlya DVD player. I had an HDMI cable so watched Netflix and Direct TV (USA based subscription from my cell phone plan) via my phone. 

Wound getting a TV Plus box (left with a girl I know there). Although not free - one time 1,500 peso cost. Lots of channnels and can pay weekly or monthly up charge for some movie channels. Has antenna built in and reception / picture quality was quite good. Includes charger and cable to connect to TV. 

C27CCCF1-4388-4BC5-9D9A-E6EA1FBDF5AF.jpeg3254F130-9234-4422-BE67-6C8461542ACE.jpeg194FB4C2-7945-47F3-AAC9-6B54B77719D4.jpegD278A08A-1A49-4931-92D8-EF2683254E6E.jpeg

Does this box have English spoken channels?