Reboot
Posted
Posted

Beautiful place
!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

They have a 5 story viewing deck right next to the pool area. Here is Katy on the deck looking to the pool area.

20181013_105541 (2).jpg

Here are a couple of panoramic shots that would not upload to the forum last night.  I guess they are too big.

This shot from the deck was around 10:30 am.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hcVexRA6kCkKhUGWA

Sunset from the beach in the cove

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jha7rzwbmK9vb4sJ6

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Nice pictures Dan. Lovely property if we ever get up there will keep it in mind.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Really explains the high price for short term condo rent. :thumbsup:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Really explains the high price for short term condo rent. :thumbsup:

I still think it is way too high!

However, I would guess that the guy is paying some sky high monthly association dues!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I still think it is way too high!

However, I would guess that the guy is paying some sky high monthly association dues!

Supply and demand

You think its too high but you booked it rather than go somewhere else so the host supplied at a price which you paid whether you liked it or not. Yes I bet he pays high fees which gets passed on to the guest. 

Gator
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the info - looks like a nice place. Looking forward to your post about the condo as might be interested to go there for a few days next visit (Jan or Feb).  Not sure if allowed for you to post the link (in your post about the condo) to the owners Airbnb page? If not, then can you kindly PM it to me?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Supply and demand

You think its too high but you booked it rather than go somewhere else so the host supplied at a price which you paid whether you liked it or not. Yes I bet he pays high fees which gets passed on to the guest. 

I agree.  And I disagree.  :89:

I believe in supply and demand, but I also think in the Philippines, as some commenters here said, sometimes it is out of whack.

We had kind of agreed we were going to see Anvaya for a night, damn the cost.  I shopped for the best deal and this was about as good as I could get.  So, going someplace else was not an option for this 1 nighter.

However, we won't go back at those prices.  If an expat with money is not wanting to return, don't you think something is wrong?  I may be completely out of touch with what an upper class Filipino family thinks is a good value.

Added by edit.  Right now he has a 11% off special until October 27.  The calendar is wide open for the rest of the month.  It seems that his main market is last minute weekend bookings.

I will post my AirBnb review later.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 2