Going back to Cebu in November to see GF...

redfeather
Posted
Posted

I am going back to Cebu on November to visit my gf for 12 days.  We will be going to Siquijor Island to spend five days on an adventure all around the island.  I plan to rent scotters, so we can drive all over the island and check it out.  We will also swim and snorkel and dive.  We will take the ferry from Cebu to Siquijor.  If anyone has any other tips on Siquijor please feel free to share the tips.  Also, what other places can you get to from Cebu that are good adventure/island vacation  spots?  Any feedback is much appreciated.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I'd personally get the bus from Cebu to Dumaguete then the ferry across from there.  It's a beautiful drive down the coast of Cebu.

When Short Angry One and I went to Siquijor we stayed at the White Villas resort; highly recommended especially if you can score a bungalow. It's about 25mins in a trike from where where the ferry will drop you.  As to having a look around there, just tee up a day trip with your hotel reception and you can see most of the sites in a day and a half or so depending on your pace; it's a small island.  We fell in love with the place and didn't see a single witch - ask the locals about the varying superstitions regarding the island. 

• Like 3

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

I'd personally get the bus from Cebu to Dumaguete then the ferry across from there.  It's a beautiful drive down the coast of Cebu.

When Short Angry One and I went to Siquijor we stayed at the White Villas resort; highly recommended especially if you can score a bungalow. It's about 25mins in a trike from where where the ferry will drop you.  As to having a look around there, just tee up a day trip with your hotel reception and you can see most of the sites in a day and a half or so depending on your pace; it's a small island.  We fell in love with the place and didn't see a single witch - ask the locals about the varying superstitions regarding the island. 

Haha....I thought all the witches and vampires were suppose to be in Naga :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Sounds like you are going to have a blast!

marine6357
Posted
Posted
On 10/14/2018 at 5:50 PM, redfeather said:

Also, what other places can you get to from Cebu that are good adventure/island vacation  spots?

Not sure how far you want to travel but an hour plane ride away is Siargao. Just went there for 5 days a couple of weeks ago. The place is pretty cool laid back great beaches and a ton of things to do. If you go make sure to take the 3 island tour.( Naked Island, Daku and Guyam) If you or your GF want to learn to surf this is the place. Let me know if you are thinking about it might have some tips for your trip.

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, marine6357 said:

Not sure how far you want to travel but an hour plane ride away is Siargao. Just went there for 5 days a couple of weeks ago. The place is pretty cool laid back great beaches and a ton of things to do. If you go make sure to take the 3 island tour.( Naked Island, Daku and Guyam) If you or your GF want to learn to surf this is the place. Let me know if you are thinking about it might have some tips for your trip.

I hear Siargao is a really awesome, and a seriously underrated place compared to other Ph locations. Didn't make it there on my last trip although I wanted. Wife's cousin had newly built pumpboat, double motors, nice rig. So we ran out to General Island instead for a primitive beach weekend, ate weird shit like sea urchins, mantis shrimp (and of course lechon and rice) and got drunk on tuba and tequila. Never saw so many stars before at night. Sending him a fish/depth finder for christmas so he can be the most badass fisherman in town.  Maybe I can do Siargao next time. I have a connection for a place to stay near the action.

Edited by Reboot

redfeather
Posted
Posted

I have looked into Siargao and Coron and El Nido and Palawan.  There are so many places to go see that it gets to be too many.  I tend to like the less traveled beaches and islands.  I like it more away from huge crowds.  I am looking into where I might go explore during my visit after this November visit.  The Philippines has a lot to see, and it can be way too much unless you narrow it down a little.  Thanks for the reply's and different places to check out.

• Like 1

marine6357
Posted
Posted

I have just returned from my first visit there and am in the process of writing about my adventures https://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/29475-my-first-time/

42 minutes ago, Reboot said:

I hear Siargao is a really awesome, and a seriously underrated place compared to other Ph locations.

Reboot if given the chance I highly recommend here. We were lucky got to watch Siargao Cloud 9 World Surfing Cup.

• 1 month later...
redfeather
Posted
Posted

I leave next Thursday to fly to Cebu to see my fiance'' and I have a nice trip planned.  We will take the Oceanjet ferry from Cebu pier 1 to Siquijor Island and spend five days on a beach vacation.  I plan to rent scooter to go drive around the island on an adventure of sorts.  We will travel back to Cebu and then go spend 1-2 days with her family, and I will be meeting her brother and sisters and parents.  It will be a great adventure.  I will make a post after I return to give you my Army AAR after action report.

• Like 3

marine6357
Posted
Posted

Good luck and have fun.