Anvaya Cove Condo Review

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Anvaya Cove is a beautiful 5 star resort that could be compared favorably to any high end resort in the world.  We hope to go back for day use when possible.

Renting a condo there is another matter.  I just don't feel it is a good value compared to other world class resort hotels and AirBnBs.   We watched the AirBnb pricing for 2 weeks before booking late Thursday night for a Saturday night stay.  I wanted a 2 BR but the last one booked, so I booked a 3 BR for only p500 more.  The 3rd BR is really a maids room.

On my AirBnB review I gave the condo 4 out of 5 stars.  Most guests give it 5 stars but the main reason I dropped it to 4 was I gave it 2 stars for value.  We paid P9500 (USD 175) base price + p1250 (USD 23) extra head for my 2 yo + p1490 (USD 28) service charge.  Total about p12240 (USD 226).

Here is my review for AirBnb:

ros:
Very big!
Very clean!
Kitchen utensils, etc., are fine.
Everything as pictured.
The condo building and pool area are very nice.
Anvaya resort is superb; 5 star!

Cons:
Very spartan.  No decorations other than 2 sets of pictures in the hallway and a mirror in the dining area.
Furnishings are ok but not up to the level of the surrounding 5 start resort.
Check-in 3 pm and check-out 11 am is very aggressive.  We only stayed one night so that impacted us more.  There is a notice on the door that if late checkout is available, it comes with a price of p1250 per hour.
Only 1 small non-absorbent towel to use in the kitchen.
Water heater in master bath was not working.
The pricing and pricing structure is too aggressive, especially for a group.  Advertised as up to 20 pax, only the first 4 are included in the base price.  Extra pax, even our 2 year old, are 1250 per head.  So even if the current off season base price is 8000 per night, 20 pax are 1250 per head.  So even if the current off season base price is 8000 per night, 20 pax would be an  an astounding 28,000 per night, about USD 518.  For much less than that I can rent a gorgeous large AirBnB home in Honolulu, Hawaii.  Thus my "value" rating is only 2 star.

Comments
The 3rd bedroom is more of a tiny maids / driver's quarter with a small CR and bunkbed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Extra pax, even our 2 year old, are 1250 per head.

There is no way to change costs for children on airbnb in settings. The host has no choice unless you contact them and ask for a special offer. Only infants are not charged aged below 2 years. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

unless you contact them and ask for a special offer.

Which I did, a few days before we booked.  No go.  When we booked a nice place in Bohol they didn't charge for the 2 yo.