My first time

Jake
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, marine6357 said:

Well it has been 1 week since my return to the US and I miss it already. I Just completed and 2.5 week stay in the Philippines and all I can say is what Gen. Macarthur said "I came through and I shall return".  

I will post more of my trip over the next few days. But will say this I have no regrets whatsoever on my choice to visit here and looking more and more like my final retirement place of the future.

Excellent "after action report".  Well done Marine!  Respectfully Jake  

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Went there for my 43rd b-day. Amorita there at the end of the beach is seriously the nicest hotel I have stayed in while in the Ph, and it ranks up there overall internationally IMHO. Beautiful place and great service. The man that manages the place approached and  asked me what I thought and he beamed with pride when I told him so. Didn't do the boat tour, but rented a scooter and rode up to the Chocolate Hills which was a great experience. Was just a couple days' trip and back on the ferry to Cebu City. If you want off the beaten path next time you are there then I highly recommend the other side of Bohol with Anda Beach. This was a different trip where google maps led us wrong and we had to get out and push a toyota through mud. But the  place was worth it. White sand cerulean sea. A well maintained statue of a US Marine making a landing right there on that gorgeous beach. I will try to find the picture.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

20170318_143207.jpg20170318_142655 (1).jpg

Went to the cockfight in Jetafe. My BiL was a cop there before he transferred. The guy running the event pointed at me in the crowd and said how much do I bet?

"QUINIENTOS!" I shouted (500) after indicating the bird I preferred. The whole place roared. I won that bet but I lost 2500 on my BiL's bird (the one being prepped with a steel spur).

20170319_152709.jpg20170319_154304.jpg20170319_153128.jpg

20170319_153549.jpg

Bohol is my favorite place in the Philippines so far.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
rotated video
  • Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, marine6357 said:

( if anyone wants to know of any places we stayed just pm me).(don't want to break any rules by mentioning them on the forum).

There is a huge misconception regarding this. You can mention, link or whatever as long as you dont own or have some sort of financial investment in what is mentioned or linked to with the sole purpose of free advertising. 

So go ahead and share :thumbsup:

marine6357
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

There is a huge misconception regarding this. You can mention, link or whatever as long as you dont own or have some sort of financial investment in what is mentioned or linked to with the sole purpose of free advertising. 

So go ahead and share :thumbsup:

Thanks JGF I will give the good and bad of the places as I see them.

• Like 1

marine6357
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jake said:

Excellent "after action report".  Well done Marine!  Respectfully Jake  

Thanks Jake

marine6357
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Reboot said:

If you want off the beaten path next time you are there then I highly recommend the other side of Bohol with Anda Beach.

I will have to check that out next time. Should be returning in late January early February We will see if we make it back to Bohol. So many other places to visit so little time. We mainly stayed in the southern part this trip but looking at a northern areas next time Hopefully Baguio Naga and NCR area.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, marine6357 said:

To be continued.....

Can you please upload future images to the forum as some dont work when enlarging and its best if they are here.  :thumbsup:

upload to forum.jpg

• Love it 1