Securty Door Lock

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Sadly unless it has reinforced anti drill pins and also snap proof any good burglar worth his salt can be through that door in under one minute with next to no noise.  One of my previous jobs was as a locksmith and I came across these dailly. The saving grace is they are new to the market here so weaknesses may not be known yet. 

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

any good burglar worth his salt can be through that door in under one minute with next to no noise.

Unfortunately, you are correct.  Robbery is a skill in the Philippines and many learn it well.  All the foreigners I have know to be robbed in their own house, (and I include myself in this), had a false sense of security thinking they were safe when they were not.  You must have learned to think like a burglar in your locksmith days, Snowy.  That helps in crime prevention.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Sad but true. Unfortunately some idiots even show how to bypass those locks on You Tube. I had one customer telling me I'd never get through his lock and that if I did he'd double my call out fee. He thought he was going to have to smash his door in. I told him if it takes me longer than 30 seconds it's free. It took about 7 seconds. 

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Sad but true. Unfortunately some idiots even show how to bypass those locks on You Tube. I had one customer telling me I'd never get through his lock and that if I did he'd double my call out fee. He thought he was going to have to smash his door in. I told him if it takes me longer than 30 seconds it's free. It took about 7 seconds. 

2 screwdrivers or similar is all it takes.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I was once told by a Security Expert? the Locks are only as good as the door is solid :wink:

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I was once told by a Security Expert? the Locks are only as good as the door is solid :wink:

And along with that I have learned that locks only keep the honest people out.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

If it was my workshop I'd be fitting a steel door hinged on the left and fitted with a British Standards mortice lock and a decent alarm or smoke cloak, ( smoke bomb that goes off if activated) which fills the room with harmless white smoke that hangs in the air preventing those that break in from seeing. 

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Daddy always said locks are to keep your friends out

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Well done Dan!  I can't wait for another one of your masterpiece of a classic replica of small boats.  I was thoroughly impressed with your craftsmanship of that coast guard cutter.  I wonder if you also hand craft America's Cup boats?  

Anyway, I'm sure your extensive street experience in law enforcement gave you a unique perspective coming from the perpetrator.  Although I must admit that the Filipino has a few tricks penetrating your home, I believe Dan, the intrepid has more aces up his sleeve.  Meaning.....multilayer home security defense, including deadly force authorized.

I'm also doing my homework about home security system.  Reading all these reviews (usually from Amazon) about the latest motion detection, night vision security cams, security lights, etc has made me more confused.  Some of these systems can even wifi back and forth to your smartphone, in HD video and clear audio. For example, while you are videotaping him in real time, you could also tell him "Bawal, hindi umihi dito"......he, he.  

Again, well done Dan!  Respectfully Jake  

• Like 2