Securty Door Lock

Reboot
Posted
Posted

There is Home Depot in the Ph? You learn something new every day here.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Reboot said:

There is Home Depot in the Ph? You learn something new every day here.

Not related to the Home Depot chain in the states but a large building supply store none the less.

intrepid
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jake said:

Well done Dan!  I can't wait for another one of your masterpiece of a classic replica of small boats.  I was thoroughly impressed with your craftsmanship of that coast guard cutter.  I wonder if you also hand craft America's Cup boats?  

Anyway, I'm sure your extensive street experience in law enforcement gave you a unique perspective coming from the perpetrator.  Although I must admit that the Filipino has a few tricks penetrating your home, I believe Dan, the intrepid has more aces up his sleeve.  Meaning.....multilayer home security defense, including deadly force authorized.

I'm also doing my homework about home security system.  Reading all these reviews (usually from Amazon) about the latest motion detection, night vision security cams, security lights, etc has made me more confused.  Some of these systems can even wifi back and forth to your smartphone, in HD video and clear audio. For example, while you are videotaping him in real time, you could also tell him "Bawal, hindi umihi dito"......he, he.  

Again, well done Dan!  Respectfully Jake  

Jake, thanks for the kind comments.  I have been building scale boats and ships since the age of ten.  I got interested in the US Coast Guard back then instead of navel ships due to the more colors than plane gray.  I have stuck with coast guard models ever since.  For a while I focused on their rescue boats and then onto versions used in the wars.  Once I get back into swing of things and major projects out of the way I plan to finish a Wind class icebreaker.  WWII version.  A lot of history.  The closest thing to an America's Cup I have built were several of the Revenue Cutters, the forerunner of the USCG.  The Joe Lane is one example.

As far as home security/defense, I taught and organized many seminars over the years.  We even offered home surveys during construction where many times uninformed or lazy builders, just did not know how to install safe secure doors.  With the jambs and frames being the weakest link in many installations.  I am surely no expert in all the locks and doors available but I feel safe in my selections and installs.  Everybody has an opinion but each has to make the best decisions based on their experience and budget.  As far as security cameras,(CCTV), I can remember only a small percentage where the video captured an image good enough to use to identify the suspect.  Most were either too burry or to dark.  The sometimes did show the correct time and even show the crime, but without being able to see car tag numbers and id the suspect they are useless otherwise.  Some improvements have been made with the more expensive ones.  But again a lot has to do with the install.  We all feel safe until we are invaded.  After talking to several of the engineers at some of the worlds largest lock companies, they all seemed to agree that they only sure way to guarantee a lock/door will not fail is to guard it with the military.  Every lock and door has a weakness and if someone wants what is on the other side of the door bad enough, they will take the risks and do what ever they need to get it.  Just some of my thoughts FWIW.

• Like 3