Posted

42 minutes ago, PaulB said:

They LOVE the Philippines and have adapted so very well

Have you enrolled them in language classes ? :whistling:

• Sad 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

That's awesome! I brought both of my cats here from Seattle. Sadly, my boy passed away a while back but the girl is still the Queen Of The Whole Damn Place.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

I mentioned this previously on another thread, but it was interesting to see dogs walking along the side of a busy street and timing their way threw cars to cross the road.  With all those stray dogs, I have rarely seen a dead dog on the side of the road.  

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:51 PM, PaulB said:

I sent my 2 dogs to the Philippines in March 2018 and wanted to give an update in case others may follow. They LOVE the Philippines and have adapted so very well. I have a Golden Retriever and a Sulooki and the Retriever is now a Celebrity and the Sulooki is the king of the neighbourhood, even the Askuls are frightened of him.

We sent our dogs from Abu Dhabi where I work and now looking back at it, Abu Dhabi was so boring for them, One walk a day then inside all day. Now they have a hectare of our land, our farm and they have met all different types of animals. so much more exciting!

Any animal quarantine issues bringing the two dogs to the Philippines?  Can you get Vet services in your area?  

PaulB
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

Any animal quarantine issues bringing the two dogs to the Philippines?  Can you get Vet services in your area?  

JJ

We had a vet do everything door to door. No quarantine in Philippines if you have all the required jabs before they fly. Actually the arrival process was very professional in Manila. My wife was met from the plan and taken through immigration and baggage collection and then driven over to the vet location where she did the paperwork and the dogs were reunited with her and even had the change to get showered and cleaned up before the road journey to the house. We hired a mini-van and driver who took all seats out except one row so the dogs had room and we had room for their crates. We were well impressed. Not cheap though!

Paul

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, bows00 said:

With all those stray dogs, I have rarely seen a dead dog on the side of the road

Replied in a spoiler because it's nasty stuff.  Dog lovers may not want to read my comments.

Spoiler

I've seen scads of dead dogs on the road, and many are not moved, just continually run over until part of the road.  Some get pulled off to the ditch.  I can smell them often when I walk.  They rot or get scavenged by ants, bugs and other meat eaters in a couple of days, which is why you may not notice them as they do not last long.  I have also noticed taxis and v-hires go out of their way to hit the dogs, for a laugh it looks like.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, bows00 said:

With all those stray dogs, I have rarely seen a dead dog on the side of the road.  

I have to agree.  Seems strange that we don't see more dogs hit and killed, and lying on the road.  Most of them are very street smart!  I've seen a few dead cats but can't recall the last time, if any, I saw a dead dog lying in the road.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the information.  It is great to learn that there are professionals like Vets who can take care of all the bureaucratic requirements even if there is a high price for their services.  

JJR