Facebook Friend Request

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

A little drama over the weekend. I do Facebook along with my wife and many of our friends. Now and then I get a friend request from a Filipina and always screen it through my wife, in most cases the gal is friends or family and gets deleted.

I got a friend request from a very attractive young Filipina so like always I showed it to the wife asking "Who is this?". I did not know there was a message along with it. Wife saw the picture read the message and was PISSED! Deleted the message and request. After 20 years together she knows I'm not that guy so I'm not outside the kulambo. She still shouted some bad Filipino words put her hand on her hip and that lip thing and stomped around the house for awhile.:bomb_80_anim_gif:

I can only imagine what you Expats deal with in real life from time to time.:shock_40_anim_gif:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Old55 said:

A little drama over the weekend. I do Facebook along with my wife and many of our friends. Now and then I get a friend request from a Filipina and always screen it through my wife, in most cases the gal is friends or family and gets deleted.

I got a friend request from a very attractive young Filipina so like always I showed it to the wife asking "Who is this?". I did not know there was a message along with it. Wife saw the picture read the message and was PISSED! Deleted the message and request. After 20 years together she knows I'm not that guy so I'm not outside the kulambo. She still shouted some bad Filipino words put her hand on her hip and that lip thing and stomped around the house for awhile.:bomb_80_anim_gif:

I can only imagine what you Expats deal with in real life from time to time.:shock_40_anim_gif:

I always got to their profile and look if there are any mutual friends, if not I ignore or delete. 

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, jimeve said:

I always got to their profile and look if there are any mutual friends, if not I ignore or delete. 

9/10 times they are  facebook-fake-profile.jpg :89:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

My (unusually tolerant) Mrs is pretty gorgeous.... and she seems to have a close and extended family of beautiful young ladies too....about a hundred of whom I didn't disappoint by turning down their FB friends requests.  Life is too short to be a misery.  :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Life is too short to be a misery.  :biggrin:

:shock_40_anim_gif:Hmmmm maybe but misery can follow us around on issues such as this, maybe you have not encountered the envy and pout thing YET! I for one, have never and will never court the bad moods that spring up from time to time, some things are just best left alone, :wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Same as Old55 I run them by the SAO first to see if they're known, if not I ignore 'em.

We've run into a couple of issues and one is one of my best friends in the world;  We joined the navy about six months apart but in the same job, when women were allowed into combat roles in the RAN we ended up on the same ships a couple of times, we served overseas together a couple of times as well. The biggest problem is that Naomi is an absolute glamour and a bit of a Salma Hyek lookalike but on the other side of the coin she's also a lesbian who is absolutely no threat to SAO whatsoever and she'd be more into SAO than me.  We chat on FB a little bit and whenever we're in the same locale catch up and have a heap of fun.  This always results in varying degrees of tampo.  Naomi is coming to the wedding, it should be interesting.  

The others are two filipinas I met before SAO, we've remained really good friends to the point of I consider them little sisters now and I even went to one of their weddings when she married another Aussie.  We exchange photos, chat on FB but these two more than Naomi illicit an extreme reaction from the Angry Midget.  I just told her that I've known people for years, they're my friends, and that her insecurities are hers and not mine.  Well you can imagine how this goes down but I stand by it I then tell her "you're cute when you're jealous".

It's a sometimes cute but mainly annoying quirk in some women and seems more prevalent in filipinas but in my experience the rest of the package more than makes up for it. 

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 2
  • Love it 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Old55 said:

Wife saw the picture read the message and was PISSED!

Your words are meaningless without the message and picture!  :dance:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Your words are meaningless without the message and picture!  :dance:

Don, you’re gonna get me into the doghouse! But I’ll see what I can do.🙈

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have many friends on my page who I have no idea who they are.My wife adds her extended family.If I ask she says oh that is so and so  OK.