Can i exit ph without picking up my acr i-card from the bi?

steffa
Posted
Posted

Greetings.

I extended my tourist visa in cebu and they told me to pick up my i-card in 1 month (should be ready by now). But im in manila now and plan to leave the country soon. Do i have to go to cebu to get my i-card or can i just go to manila airport without it? I dont see what else i need the card for anyway.

Thanks for any advice

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

If you have not been in the Philippines for 6 months or more then no one will ask to see your ACR card when you exit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, steffa said:

Greetings.

I extended my tourist visa in cebu and they told me to pick up my i-card in 1 month (should be ready by now). But im in manila now and plan to leave the country soon. Do i have to go to cebu to get my i-card or can i just go to manila airport without it? I dont see what else i need the card for anyway.

Thanks for any advice

You may have to get the ACR-I Card waiver, best to ask Immigration if you been here more than 59 days.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/services/alien-registration/acr-i-card-waiver#

2. Who are required to apply for an ACR I-Card? 

All foreign nationals under immigrant and non-immigrant visas including holders of Temporary Visitor’s Visa, who have stayed for more than fifty nine (59) days in the Philippines.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/acr-i-card

Edited by Rooster

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Steffa

I was refused exit when I tried. I had to go to BI to get a letter of waiver so I could depart. I was applying for permanent residency ACR so not sure if there is a difference. Caused me a lot of stress so I would check first with the Officials. Better Safe than Sorry!

Paul

• Like 2

steffa
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the answers so far.  

PaulB: did you get the letter of waiver at the BI at the airport? And do you remember how much it costed? Also did you stay here longer then 6 months as Dave mentioned?

Its just 4 months for me. And i think if i just go to BI Headquarters to ask they will just come up with something to charge me for. 

RBM
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, PaulB said:

so I would check first with the Officials. Better Safe than Sorry!

Paul

Chuckle here, many of us have read if one stays here less than a year ECC can be done at Mactan

Airport. Yesterday a close friend asked about this at BI in J mall, several official stated emphatically no cannot be done at airport.......What ever one does here be sure to have it in writing.

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Rooster said:

You may have to get the ACR-I Card waiver, best to ask Immigration if you been here more than 59 days.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/services/alien-registration/acr-i-card-waiver#

First off Steffa, welcome to the forum, :welcome-group: Yes there are varying reasons why people have to depart before acquiring their ACR card. That link should see you sorted. :thumbsup:

PaulB
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, steffa said:

Thanks for the answers so far.  

PaulB: did you get the letter of waiver at the BI at the airport? And do you remember how much it costed? Also did you stay here longer then 6 months as Dave mentioned?

Its just 4 months for me. And i think if i just go to BI Headquarters to ask they will just come up with something to charge me for. 

Steffa 

I was at airport on Friday night to fly, got denied and had to wait all weekend to go to BI in Intramorus to get letter on the Monday and fly that night. 2 more nights in Manila. Bummer!

Paul

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, PaulB said:

I was applying for permanent residency ACR so not sure if there is a difference

yuup.jpg

20 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If you have not been in the Philippines for 6 months or more (AS A NORMAL TOURIST) then no one will ask to see your ACR card when you exit.

Added a bit.  Anyway, as has been said, your experience will be different from everyone else's because this is the Philippines.  You can just go to the airport and leave, or you can go get your ACR card, or you can get someone to pick it up and forward it to you (for a fee), or you can go to your local BI office and get the information from them and trust they are right (they often are not because BI at the airport and BI in the city do not always agree).

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, steffa said:

Greetings.

Thanks for any advice

You will have your receipts for the card and visa extension so should not be an issue I would think but as others said, who knows from one person to another.  Also I think Paul's case is different as you are here just as a tourist where he has a different situation. You can message the BI on Facebook and they answer usually quickly. 

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
added we bit