Legal Capacity To Marry Gone Wrong!

Foreigner
Posted
Posted

Jamal Khashoggi (a Saudi National) stepped into the Saudi consulate in Turkey to obtain a legal capacity to marry his finance (a Turkish national), and is now presumed dead.  Well, not just presumed dead, but murdered after a torture gone wrong, subsequently dismembered, and now missing.

I cannot even begin to imagine a situation where I would walk into a US Embassy (or consulate) to obtain a legal capacity to marry, and end up being tortured, murdered and dismembered, with no one taking any responsibility for what happened.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

There are 'worlds within worlds' on this planet of ours .

Count your blessings. 

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

The stuff being put forward in the news is that he was chopped up whilsr still alive by a scottish trained forensic surgeon and his body dissolved in vats of acid

They claim that his watch transmitted his screams whilst thevafore mentioned surgeon cut him up 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Foreigner said:

Jamal Khashoggi (a Saudi National) stepped into the Saudi consulate in Turkey to obtain a legal capacity to marry his finance (a Turkish national), and is now presumed dead.  Well, not just presumed dead, but murdered after a torture gone wrong, subsequently dismembered, and now missing.

I cannot even begin to imagine a situation where I would walk into a US Embassy (or consulate) to obtain a legal capacity to marry, and end up being tortured, murdered and dismembered, with no one taking any responsibility for what happened.

Have you got a source to this information? 

TimL
Posted
Posted

It’s been all over CNN the past several days JGF. I read what he said above as well. Scary world we live in.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Have you got a source to this information? 

There are numerous newspaper articles claiming that the audio of his torture was uploaded from his LTE capable Apple watch but some tech web sites have said that is unlikely.  Some sources have suggested that this 'Apple watch' story was created as 'plausible deniability' and the audio most likely came from a Turkish bug in the embassy.

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Foreigner said:

Sometimes it's best to stay single. :whistling:

Edited by Rooster
  • Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

It's been all over the news. He's framed as a journalist and so his alleged death is framed as the killing of journalists. But facts emerge that he was a high level spook who knew too much and supported political orgs that wanted to topple the Sauds. One of his suspected killers has just died in a car accident. Interesting timing.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 1

Foreigner
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Reboot said:

But facts emerge that he was a high level spook who knew too much and supported political orgs that wanted to topple the Sauds.

Sounds like a possible narrative being set forth by the Saudi's to justify a heinous and despicable act.