Reminder. Do not be in the company of a minor alone

Rooster
Posted
Posted
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:59 PM, TimL said:

Seems pretty foolish for an adult to employ a 14 year old for anything. Especially an adult male employing a 14 year old female. 

I'm sure they will eventually add the employing as a tour guide also to the charges he is facing since the law reads below 15 unless listed criteria is met.

https://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra1992/ra_7610_1992.html 

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Arr well, just another one that won't be making headlines and when he is deported, which he will be, if not for trafficking but for underage employing, he will be jailed in his own country or his passport confiscated. Slowly but surely their getting weeded out, now just wait until they start cracking down on age limitation your ( tour guide ) can be. :thumbsup:

• Love it 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Although ignorance is not an excuse it's easy to see how a naive person can be caught up.

Let's say it's a first time traveler, he comes over meets a pretty girl whom he may very well perceive to be 18 or so  extremely naive does not give it much thought.

Jumps at the chance and for sure thinkng of the other perks, has no idea of the law here or bothers to find out.............These guys are about and  more of them than one may think.

Doubtful he will be deported, at least not before spending a lot of time here in pretty rugged conditions.

• Like 5

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Clermont said:

Arr well, just another one that won't be making headlines and when he is deported, which he will be, if not for trafficking but for underage employing, he will be jailed in his own country or his passport confiscated. Slowly but surely their getting weeded out, now just wait until they start cracking down on age limitation your ( tour guide ) can be. :thumbsup:

If anyone needs a tour guide, I am available :)....LOLOLOOLOLOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Clermont said:

he will be jailed in his own country or his passport confiscated.

There is no evidence of sexual activity that we know of and its not a crime to be in the company of a minor in most places so outside the Philippines he has done nothing wrong.

• Like 4

Clermont
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

There is no evidence of sexual activity that we know of and its not a crime to be in the company of a minor in most places so outside the Philippines he has done nothing wrong.

Generally I don't bother replying to ill informed barbs, but on this occasion I will. Trafficking can mean in company of an under aged person under the PI' law and this is the law he committed. I did not mention sexual activity, just trafficking, that is what he will be charged with.

I know you have been in the PI's for a number of years now, maybe you don't know the laws that the western world have adopted concerning underage minors in Asian countries, but they will make a case out of it and he will be deported and when back home he will be charged, FACT,

(b) Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who in ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place, hotel, motel, beer joint, discotheque, cabaret, pension house, sauna or massage parlor, beach and/or other tourist resort or similar places shall suffer the penalty of prision mayor in its maximum period and a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000): Provided, That this provision shall not apply to any person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity or any bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition or acts in the performance of a social, moral or legal duty.

The duration of the penalties of prision mayor and temporary disqualification shall be from six years and one day to twelve years, except when the penalty of disqualification is imposed as an accessory penalty, in which case its duration shall be that of the principal penalty. chanrobles virtual law library.

This topic has been covered before and a lot of what if's have been bantered around. Just make sure it is a legitimate trusted relative or a responsible adult within a public place with full view.

That this provision shall not apply to any person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity or any bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition or acts in the performance of a social, moral or legal duty.

This sections covers close relatives, not cousins ten times removed. :thumbsup:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Clermont said:

Generally I don't bother replying to ill informed barbs, but on this occasion I will.

I dont give a damn what you reply to. The only law in Australia and other countries relates to pedofiles traveling overseas for the purpose of seeking sex and having sexual activities with underage children .  So since we have not seen any evidence of this then he will have no charges waiting back home will he. That was what I was replying to in your post.

Have you read anywhere of anything other than the Brit being in the company of the minor? 

And I know damn well the law about being in the company of a non related minor. FACT

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Not even responding.

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, RBM said:

Although ignorance is not an excuse it's easy to see how a naive person can be caught up.

Let's say it's a first time traveler, he comes over meets a pretty girl whom he may very well perceive to be 18 or so  extremely naive does not give it much thought.

Jumps at the chance and for sure thinkng of the other perks, has no idea of the law here or bothers to find out.............These guys are about and  more of them than one may think.

Doubtful he will be deported, at least not before spending a lot of time here in pretty rugged conditions.

I don't see many 14 year old Filipinas who look 18 tbh, more like the other way round. I get paranoid I look like a pervert when I'm with my 19 year old step daughter  and I'm only 28 anyway lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

TimL
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Maybe, probably, but since we have no proof we are best not to judge :thumbsup:

Exactly my point. Could just be some dumbf***... maybe not, who knows, but I come from a society that is innocent, until “proven” guilty.

Some people/Countries seem to prefer the other way around. I most def agree, it was lame, stupid and could add to the grief of law abiding expats.