Reminder. Do not be in the company of a minor alone

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

What is a fourth degree relative? Is it okay to take my grand nieces and nephews for ice cream? 

I knew the candy I keep in the pocket with a hole in was fine.

• Haha 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bows00 said:

Did I read this correctly?  You cannot hangout with anyone ten (10) years of more your junior?  If so, then conservatively speaking, I could guess that over half the expats are guilty.  

I am good--only 9 years old. :hystery:

• Haha 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bows00 said:

Did I read this correctly?  You cannot hangout with anyone ten (10) years of more your junior?  If so, then conservatively speaking, I could guess that over half the expats are guilty.  

The way I read it too, yes, but I think that law is only executed if say, a legal aged young bar girl our any other girl/boy is court in the presence of an older man in a sexual relationship. There are other circumstances where this will apply, mentality effected adolescents, impressionable young barangay girls plus concerns of the parents, and a host of other situations that they deem fit to apply. Although the law states a child must be eighteen years of age, the law makes provisions for the above said in their constitution. 

We have laws in our own countries that few know about, like carnal knowledge, I always thought once a girl was sixteen she was on the market, no they are protected until eighteen. Their just in their to give the authorities a bit more teeth to apprehend perpetrators that exploit the young and vulnerable.

Personally, I don't give a rats if an older man/women shacks up with a younger person, that's their business, but I do get a bit tetchy if I see a older man exploiting an impressionable young girl. Those are the only reason I would see them implementing the law as written, once the women is of a mature age she is on the market, but then :whatever:

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
  1. I think once they get to an age...21..23..25 they are fine if 18 still need parental permission to many anyone who is older than me  :whistling:
43 minutes ago, Reboot said:

I am good--only 9 years old. :hystery:

e

• Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bows00 said:

Did I read this correctly?

Punctuation counts in the west.  This is the Philippines.  Someone missed a comma and or made a spelling mistake.  It's up to you to know it should be there.  Without the comma, 90% of the population breaks the law every day.  Here is how I believe it should be read (but keep in mind I am not a lawyer either):

. . . a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who is ten (10) years or more his junior, in any public or private place . . . 

That means, to me, that any adult cannot be alone in the company of any minor 12 or under at ANY time, subject to the rest of the conditions.  But I read it that you can be an adult in the company of a minor if he or she is less than 10 years younger than you.  Thus a 26-year-old guy can go for a walk with a 17-year-old girl and it is not illegal, but a 62-year-old dyslexic cannot do the same thing :whatever:

Such is my opinion based on many years of observing the culture and never seeing a 26-year-old guy get charged with this offense.  Its the older pervs, with underage girls, that the law is designed to nab.  Just my opinion.  Disclaimer:  I did not Google for confirmation of my opinion, it's just my own.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jake said:

You're hired!  But are you still a virgin?  

Yes but in there quick.  I'm thinking of booking him for Bohol. :mocking:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, bows00 said:

You not reading it correctly.  The entire sentence applies to minors, under 18.

In theory, a 17 year old could hang out with a 26 year old, 9 years difference.  I don't think a 26 year old expat would want to test the theory. 

4 hours ago, bows00 said:

Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who in ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place,

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

. . . a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who is ten (10) years or more his junior, in any public or private place . . . 

It could have been clearer if written "... a minor twelve (12) years or under, or a minor who is ten (10) years or more his junior, in any public or private place...

RBM
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

I don't see many 14 year old Filipinas who look 18 tbh, more like the other way round. I get paranoid I look like a pervert when I'm with my 19 year old step daughter  and I'm only 28 anyway lol.

Try going to some local discos..........

• Like 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, RBM said:

Try going to some local discos..........

Yeah I was actually going to say 'except for when they're caked in makeup with a push up bra' lol.

• Like 1