Reminder. Do not be in the company of a minor alone

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Guys I'm starting to get a feel for these philipinos women , the jealousy is unreal , I told her today that I was working in the hospital canteen and I fixed the problem for the staff , the ladies were so happy that they gave me a couple of bacon sandwiches and a big mug of tea 

Her reply was Hmmmmmmm , No Chicks okkkkkk

As for her holding over an argument from the night before , yep that happens and I don't think I've had tampo yet lol

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, marine6357 said:

Yes but then again if she is "connected" then what?

Then, assume the position. I assume.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

Guys I'm starting to get a feel for these philipinos women , the jealousy is unreal , I told her today that I was working in the hospital canteen and I fixed the problem for the staff , the ladies were so happy that they gave me a couple of bacon sandwiches and a big mug of tea 

Her reply was Hmmmmmmm , No Chicks okkkkkk

As for her holding over an argument from the night before , yep that happens and I don't think I've had tampo yet lol

My wife is not the jealous type. Not at all.

I suppose that means I'm either gifted or ugly. :89:

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 10/24/2018 at 3:21 AM, Tukaram (Tim) said:

That was something I had to explain to my girlfriend... I could not be left alone with her 14 year old niece.  After we were married, she is my niece, but not before.  She told me I did not need to follow that law, but I chose to anyway. Since we were all living together in a family compound it probably would have been ok... but better safe than sorry. 

To speak plainly, I won't be alone with my under-10 niece, even in a house full of people. At this point, we're family but as money is tight for my sister-in-law... I don't think she'd make an accusation and put her own sister through an ordeal but, better safe than sorry.

• I'm Confused 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

In the REAL world, a foreigner has no rights whatsoever in the Phils. leaving us expats in a very vulnerable position, at all times, whether resident in an upmarket gated community, or a jungle hut.

So,  we need to obey their laws to the letter, IMHO.  

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, graham59 said:

In the REAL world, a foreigner has no rights whatsoever in the Phils. leaving us expats in a very vulnerable position, at all times, whether resident in an upmarket gated community, or a jungle hut.

So,  we need to obey their laws to the letter, IMHO.  

In the real world I find this statement un true. It's perceived and correctly so foreigners may have justification to believe they are not treated fairly. How ever to say we have no rights at all is simply not true.

I personally know of quite a few cases where foreigners have won court cases here, including sharing in equity  of a house and land owned of course by the wife.

Naturally like in any country we must be aware of the laws and obey same, ovoid upsetting or slighting a local, especially if that local is wealthy or we'll known. As always we must exercise our common sense of which we should grateful to have.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 10/23/2018 at 7:11 AM, marine6357 said:

Yes but then again if she is "connected" then what?

hope her last name doesn't end in a vowel 

marine6357
Posted
Posted

Thought that was only in America? lol

• 3 months later...
nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
On 10/20/2018 at 4:49 PM, OnMyWay said:

You not reading it correctly.  The entire sentence applies to minors, under 18.

In theory, a 17 year old could hang out with a 26 year old, 9 years difference.  I don't think a 26 year old expat would want to test the theory. 

You nailed it. That is my understanding as well.

• Like 1