The C/R ( Comfort Room for newbies)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:shock_40_anim_gif: Reading a Page elsewhere earlier this morning I came across something that had me thinking. Years ago I sent Money to my wife to put Lola's House back to a Livable  Habitation, Roof, Fencing and such like and for me, one of the Most important, the C/R now after we have moved to our own Place Seems those left there are just not Bothered. This was some 8+ Years ago and maybe more. nothing Works, Shower Head not working, Taps (Faucets) leaking or just not working, having to turn taps on and off by the valve BUT the one that gets me is the W/C. It is not working, Ball valve Rotted away, Of course without proper Flushing the build up is as we could expect. So, a Question.

We all pride ourselves on a Clean environment and the things we do for the family but how many of us have this situation when we Visit the Big House  (Home  before to our ladies) and find nothing is working as it should even though we had it Put right to begin with?

I never thought about this before until I read this Post ( Elsewhere) today, I wonder if there is any real pride (as we would think there was) when Guests to our Family Homes are met with Great food, Much Love and conversations yet get met with the C/R, now my wife is the First and I am sure that family and friends complain about it also. The Public ( Restos) CR's being Dirty and smelly because of the same Problem,Yet! the Home one has much to be thought about

This is not a rant but just a question :huh:

Jack:smile:

Morning All:photo-109:

• Hmm thinking 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

The inside CR at the main family house in Ozamiz has not flushed since I first met SWMBO, they use a bucket and a tabo.  The shower head does not work either, bucket and tabo.  Everything is clean, they wash it a lot and it doesn’t smell a5 all.  Rather than fixing the shower and the cistern ran a new water line to a new faucet in the CR which they use to fill the big 50 litre (ish) tubs which have the table in them.  The outside CR has been set up the same way.  They fitted a new elevated water tank and a pump so they have pressure to the new faucets in the 2 CR rooms and a local ‘plumber’ (neighbour) put a T piece into the water pipe the goes to the kitchen so it is also fed from the new tank.

They are pretty careful about keeping everything clean (college educated head of family) but tabo is how they prefer *shrug*.

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

After 28 years + living in or visiting the Phils, I have stopped trying to understand this 'habit' of letting everything go to rack and ruin. :89:

Build a shiny new expensive house.  Watch it slowly decay to a slum... with often, C.R. as described above.   

Of course sometimes the C.R. fares better than the rest....  :unsure:

IMG_20141124_110258.jpg

Edited by graham59
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Most people seem to just let their houses go to shit here, I can understand it with the poor obviously but even the middle class seem to spend a few million pesos on a nice house and 10-15 years later it's falling apart and they don't bother to do anything about it.

• Like 4

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

Same phenomenon with these giant land yachts they buy and run on bald tires and squealing brakes. I don't want to sound too harsh but it's a bit like the dog that chases the car not knowing what to do with it when he catches it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
earthdome
Posted
Posted

Recently finished our first visit back to the family home located in a mountainous province in almost 4 years. We stayed there almost 2 weeks for the Christening of our daughter, their first grandchild. They added a new room to the house so their grand daughter will always have her own room there. The new bedroom is very large by filipino standards. They also added the new room because I kept hitting my head on a low beam at night when exiting the bedroom we normally stayed in. They also put a toilet seat on the toilet bowl.

In the five years since I first visited the family home I haven't noticed any deterioration and have seen some improvements.

• Like 2