Charging for electricity

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I was talking to a friend who had just built a house in Dalaguete Cebu.He said I wanted my electricity meter nearer to my house than the 200 m it was.His explanation was that he was getting charged for the electric from the meter to his fuse box but could never use it.

Now me thinking logically came to the conclusion that yes but you only pay the once and that is it .But what happens to that electricity if there is a brownout.Do you have to pay again to charge those lines to your house or does it remain there.

I am just asking because I am intrigued by this enigma.I would prefer if you want to slag off electricity companies here that you start your own topic as this is just a question.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

But what happens to that electricity if there is a brownout.Do you have to pay again to charge those lines to your house or does it remain there.

Kev mate (sonjack) when the power goes off it is Instant nothing Stored, When it comes back on it is Instant and that is why sometimes people without a transformer/ bad one even get Power surges because the power is not regulated to 220/240 volts

Hope this Helps mate

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

He said I wanted my electricity meter nearer to my house than the 200 m it was.His explanation was that he was getting for the electric from the meter to his fuse box but could never use it.

What does that mean? no electricity at the house? 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not quite sure what you mean.There was a word missing which is charged.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Personally ,id be more concerened about the crappy cable that they use

The guy who installed mine used aluminium cable ,whilst i get the part about lcopper getting stollen, the cable size will mean a higher reststance anda therefore higher bills , 

As for the electricity at the meter and the run to the house ,the only way  to check woukd be to turn the power off to the house in a black out ,read the meter and when the ppwer is restored read the meter again , any use would be minuscule , i cant remember the regs for meter position in the uk ,but they are generally fixed to the house 

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

No lights, no air con, etc :hystery:

• Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

i cant remember the regs for meter position in the uk ,but they are generally fixed to the house 

Yes normally and the last few years they have been installing outside in a box the same with gas.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Yes normally and the last few years they have been installing outside in a box the same with gas.

To think we Moved 6.000+ miles to then have to walk 60/70 Meters to read our meters ( In Baston's case probably further) :89:

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

He said I wanted my electricity meter nearer to my house than the 200 m it was.His explanation was that he was getting charged for the electric from the meter to his fuse box but could never use it.

To think, in Seattle all of the meters for the units in our four-story condo were in the basement car park! I shall be filing for a refund for all of that unused electricity between there and our 2nd-floor unit!

• Haha 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I dont think it would make much difference if the meter is a bit further away as if everything is turned off then the meter is not ticking over. It's only when its getting used that the meter is registering.