Charging for electricity

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I've discovered that the apartment I was renting has had a meter installed by the owner.  He has about 79 apartments in the complex. Each with his own supplied meter.  I constantly queried my bill as it seamed excessive but was shown meter readings and the cost. I've now realised he has an official meter for the whole complex which he pays so can 99% guarantee he is creaming money off of everyone. Looking into it I discovered what he is doing is illegal without a licence to sell electricity.

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I've discovered that the apartment I was renting has had a meter installed by the owner.  He has about 79 apartments in the complex. Each with his own supplied meter.  I constantly queried my bill as it seamed excessive but was shown meter readings and the cost. I've now realised he has an official meter for the whole complex which he pays so can 99% guarantee he is creaming money off of everyone. Looking into it I discovered what he is doing is illegal without a licence to sell electricity.

You can get the electric company to come and check the meter to see if there is any tampering going on.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Looking into it I discovered what he is doing is illegal without a licence to sell electricity.

Certainly looks Iffy

3 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

You can get the electric company to come and check the meter to see if there is any tampering going on.

Yers Report it to the Electric Company

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yers Report it to the Electric Company

And make a decision on what clothes you want to be buried in.  :boom:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
On 11/2/2018 at 6:28 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Oh well then, in that case, OP keep paying the Excess to stay alive :wink: Staying alive. Staying alive  :smile:

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The owner is a foreigner and obviously I'm not going to take out a full page advert.  If I get my deposit back I'll let it slip, if it doesn't I've got patience on my side. :whistling: