My good deed for the day should not have been needed

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:89: Well not long ago I took my  little mate "Cooper" Cooper Proud dad.jpg for his mid Morning walk, Up by the Chapel spme 90 meters away I came across a small child ( about 2 I would say) Standing in the middle of the Road she waved and came toward me, Now with all we read of late and children, I was not sure what to do, can't take her back to my House, So as there were some dogs about I let cooper make some moves and started the Dogs barking in frenzy, only then did a lady appear at a house door in the Compound and I shouted Excuse me but is this your little Girl, Not understanding a man came out and ran for the gate and Scooped up the Little Girl and as he hurried off he said "Thank you sir" No problem said I but........ to which he said yes you are right, I will scold the Nanny. All was well except, the man that appeared was our Local PO2. beggars belief really :unsure:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Well not long ago I took my  little mate "Cooper" Cooper Proud dad.jpg for his mid Morning walk, Up by the Chapel spme 90 meters away I came across a small child ( about 2 I would say) Standing in the middle of the Road she waved and came toward me, Now with all we read of late and children, I was not sure what to do, can't take her back to my House, So as there were some dogs about I let cooper make some moves and started the Dogs barking in frenzy, only then did a lady appear at a house door in the Compound and I shouted Excuse me but is this your little Girl, Not understanding a man came out and ran for the gate and Scooped up the Little Girl and as he hurried off he said "Thank you sir" No problem said I but........ to which he said yes you are right, I will scold the Nanny. All was well except, the man that appeared was our Local PO2. beggars belief really :unsure:

Yes no sense of danger here,if I was paying a nanny I think I would do a little more than scold her.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Yes no sense of danger here,if I was paying a nanny I think I would do a little more than scold her.

Kids can easily disappear in seconds as you know while one is distracted. How long the kid was out for who knows. 

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Kids can easily disappear in seconds as you know while one is distracted. How long the kid was out for who knows. 

Yes and why was the nanny not looking for the kid.I suspect that she had more duties heaped on her which took her mind off of it.My ex nieghbours nanny had to cook the evening meal do all the laundry and clean the house.She was looking after a 4 year old girl who was a handful but the extra duties surely did not help her.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

My wife is constantly being asked if she is our (very white) 3 year-old son's nanny.   She hates it.  :biggrin:

• Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well I was there yesterday and they are being more vigilant now so maybe that little mishap did the trick.Thankfully it ended without a missing kid.

Edited by sonjack2847
  • Like 2