Sneaky Tactic - Cebu Pacific Airlines

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)

Booked a Domestic Flight for 2 seats months ago to get the lowest fair. The cheapest flights from NAIA were 4am. We chose the more expensive flight departing at 10am. Same with the return airport.

Today, we get a notification that both R/T flights were changed to the 4am departures, no reason given.

My thoughts, they changed us to the earliest, cheapest flight so they could sell our original seats at a much higher price. I checked their site & seats for our original flights were available, but as I suspected, the cost was double what we paid.  

So, I called CP to inquire why the change. Sir, we changed it for passenger safety; weather.  

I said mam, the flight is 3 months from now, how do you know the weather on that day? :89:

Silence

Hello, Mam? 

Silence 

Mam? 

Sir, It was changed for passenger safety, please call back in 24 to 48 hours for feedback, "Click".

This is the 3rd time in the past few years CP did similar tactics with our flights. We also use Philippine Airlines and they have never used this tactic.

More fun in The Philippines :biggrin: 

Edited by Rooster
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Don't fly Cebu Pacific. I don't mean this as a shot at you buddy many of us have been burned by those #*@#!! I'll never fly those clowns again unless I have absolutely no choice.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Rooster said:

The cheapest flights from NAIA were 4am. We chose the more expensive flight departing at 10am. Same with the return airport.

Rebate ?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Rebate ?

:5483:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Old55 said:

:5483:

Bad Taste ( angry baby).jpg Thank you for the thought :hystery: But............................:whatever:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Mick
Posted
Posted

I will not fly Cebu, I have had some horrendous delays, last time was 5 hours. I was flying to Jakarta for a meeting so was going to miss it, I asked for my luggage back so I could go home, they refused, stating its against airport security protocol.... BS, in around 12 flights, never have I been on time... So I do t even check there flights when booking

• Like 2

TimL
Posted
Posted

Sounds about right. Lol

I had a PAL flight from Clark back to Cebu a day after that Chinese plane had skidded off the runway in Manila. I had already chosen my seats round trip when I bought the tickets weeks earlier. I go to check in, sorry Sir. No business class. We had to reconfigure the aircraft. 

Yeah, to add more seats and make more money. After an hour of bitching #nofilter, my GF and I got a 1,000 ph voucher each which of course didn’t even come close to covering the difference in business/economy. There were 4 security guards standing within feet of us too after I started raising hell and after an hour I was down to 20 minutes before the flight so, I decided to cut my losses and head to the gate.

This place never ceases to amaze me.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, hk blues said:

In my opinion It's like most things in the Philippines - the population don't like to complain against authority so anything goes

Have to agree with you there, Me, I will argue the Toss on just about Everything if I know or am pretty sure I am right  :wink:

• Like 1

TimL
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Have to agree with you there, Me, I will argue the Toss on just about Everything if I know or am pretty sure I am right  :wink:

Same here. Prob gonna get me killed over here one of these days. 😂😂

• Haha 1