False Advertising on Lazada

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I always order cash on delivery for that very reason. If they add an excessive delivery charge i just reject the item and let them take it back to the vendor. Thanks but no thanks!

• Like 5

graham59
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Happyhorn52 said:

I always order cash on delivery for that very reason. If they add an excessive delivery charge i just reject the item and let them take it back to the vendor. Thanks but no thanks!

I do exactly the same.  Make it THEIR problem. :smile:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Happyhorn52 said:

There are a few reasons I do not like doing it that way but I will focus on one.  If it gets to me and I have to reject the item then it is my problem because I obviously need that item or I would not order it.  If it gets to me and I reject it then I am back to square one.  At least if I pay in advance they just drop it off and we don't have an issue with added charges.  Better to get the price out of the way from the very beginning.

Well, I have started on this so: the second reason is they will not let you open it to have a look before paying.  You pay before they give it to you so there goes any advantage of having a look at the product without paying.  Better to pay in advance via Paypal as Paypal will dispute it for you and you don't even have to deal with the vendor.  Such is my opinion on that.

The third reason is I find the shipment comes faster if prepaid.  Its like they put C.O.D. in their second-class mail delivery.  Again, just my opinion.  Your mileage will vary.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

WOW.  Free shipping.  We don't see much of that anymore.  I double checked to see the location to ship to is correct and yes, it says free shipping to that address.  So I click Buy Now.  Wait a minute, the shipping now changes to 217 pesos.  Its not much, but it is a charge that they add on as a scam.

I have stopped using them for this and one other reason.They say that they tried to deliver but we were not available(2 different orders) Well we were here and they did not try they don`t know the area like the PO or LBC so just say not available.I ordered 2 different items and when they would not deliver low and behold I found the same items in Lee plaza hypermart here in Dumaguete,and they were within 50 peso of Lazada price.The postage prices do jump up once you go to pay.Also now you have to pay for each order whereas before you were charged 119 for a whole bunch if ordered at the same time.

• Like 2

Ryan.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I observed they offer discontinued items subject to extensive negative reviews in the U.S markets.

Edited by Ryan.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Not too sure it is a Scam but merely a way of extra income that many seem to over look, BUT this is something that rarely gets past our David :smile:

• Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

What really gets my goat both with ebay and amazon is they lie abouts the items loction. I will often pick a UK located item to get a timely delivery then 3 weeks later it turns up from China.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Gary D said:

I will often pick a UK located item to get a timely delivery then 3 weeks later it turns up from China.

Yes the seller maybe located in the UK but buys from Aliexpress or similure who dropship from China. 

Lee1154
Posted
Posted

I ordered from Lazada several times and everything was great.  After the Chinese bought them, problems started.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 2