False Advertising on Lazada

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

Adding excessive shipping charges just makes Lazada the Vendor of last resort for many items. I used to buy diapers from Lazada and now I only buy them when they are on sale. I am not going to pay a delivery charge for items like diapers. More business for S&R and less for Lazada.

Last month I had a problem with the delivery of a cell phone I ordered. Lazada kept claiming they were making attempts to deliver the phone but there is always someone at hope at my house and they were telling me no Lazada delivery attempts. I called Lazada and they suggested I just reorder and pay for the 1st phone that arrives 

TimL
Posted
Posted

My biggest issue with Lazada is the fact that everything seems to come one item at a time and you’re charged shipping on each individual item.

I’ve ordered about 20 things from them on 4 different orders and everyone came by itself.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, TimL said:

My biggest issue with Lazada is the fact that everything seems to come one item at a time and you’re charged shipping on each individual item.

I’ve ordered about 20 things from them on 4 different orders and everyone came by itself.

That's because Lazada are just a portal of other venders not a supplier in there own right. Amazon is similar, you may go to their web site but you are buying from individual vendors who will all ship individually.

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

DavidK
Posted
Posted
On 10/26/2018 at 5:12 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Well, I have started on this so: the second reason is they will not let you open it to have a look before paying.  You pay before they give it to you so there goes any advantage of having a look at the product without paying.  

Hmmm, I always look before paying and have rejected a purchase after having done so. Maybe I just get the gullible delivery agent... :biggrin:

• Thanks 1

TimL
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Gary D said:

That's because Lazada are just a portal of other venders not a supplier in there own right. Amazon is similar, you may go to their web site but you are buying from individual vendors who will all ship individually.

Makes sense. I guess I’m just spoiled as I am a prime member and used to free shipping.  ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

And the scam gets worse!

Just when I figured I would allow Lazada to make "a mistake" and not totally write them off, they have their Fabulous 11/11 sale.

They had a cell phone on sale for 1,000 pesos off with free shipping that I knew Lynne would like for Christmas so I got up at 7 am on 11/11 to buy it.  SUCCESS.  They took my money, confirmed my order and said it would be shipped very soon.

Two days later they said "add a couple of weeks for delivery because we did not have enough stock so we are getting some more sent over from China.

Today they sent a refund to my account and sent a very kind letter that they could not get enough stock from China so they could not fill my order.

Is THAT a scam?  Selling something they actually do not have and hoping to buy it and ship it to you before you figure out that they never had the item that they sold you?

I love the convenience of Lazada but they have become a bunch of second-rate losers, IMHO.  End of Rant.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 10/27/2018 at 3:30 PM, TimL said:

Thats what I love about a modern world. Packages delivering themselves, whats next  :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Is THAT a scam?  Selling something they actually do not have and hoping to buy it and ship it to you before you figure out that they never had the item that they sold you?

Well not really. Same as all dropshippers. They depend on the supplier stock numbers and if they are incorrect or out of stock when bought from another site then bad luck.