Police charge ‘gun-for-hire’ for murder of Australian in Ilocos Sur

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I actually would like to know exactly what is the function of the police.They don`t seem to do a lot and I don`t see any after dark.

They are not sure either.  For example, when you want to transfer ownership of a vehicle you have to take it to the police.  Which police?  Well they are not sure really so you take it to both the City police and the HPG police and both will inspect the vehicle to make sure it has mirrors and is the right color as on the registration and is not stolen etc etc.  As far as fighting actual crime, it has the opposite effect.  Each one says it is the other's jurisdiction.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Unless you are a relative or personal friend of the victim, my recommendation is not to get involved. Things are more complicated in places like the Philippines.  We can't use Western standards.  I can only speculate that for someone to spend the money and assume risks in hiring an assassin, there are extenuating circumstances that we can never understand or find a logical explanation.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Things are more complicated in places like the Philippines.

But Why?:89:

• Haha 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, scott h said:
12 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Things are more complicated in places like the Philippines.

But Why?:89:

The assumption by many is the population subscribes to Western ideals and practices.  It does not.  The non-Christian influence is very strong.  Without getting into local politics, considered how many Filipinos agree with extra-judicial killing.  

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

considered how many Filipinos agree with extra-judicial killing.  

Yes JJ but in a real sense, they may and my wife is one of them, just be siding with the majority, (You mentioned the Spanish inquisition in another Topic) I do feel that life here, is at a standstill as was mentioned in that other Post on another topic so I won't mix them any more :smile:

My Wife and her sisters will discuss something and then one or the other would take a stab and say OH! in that case if you all agree then so should I, Going with the Majority just shows in many cases, No or little moral fibre IMHO.

If you or any others have ever sat on a Jury, I am sure you will know where I am coming from

Jack:whistling:

Morning All:photo-109:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Western ideals and practices

13 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

non-Christian influence is very strong

Naw JJ I am just not buying it. :89:Taiwan was "colonized" by the Japanese for 50 years, invaded by the Chinese after ww2 look at them, Korea just plain raped by the Japanese for 50 years then completely destroyed by war, look at them. Vietnam Colonized by the French then the yanks (sort of) they are on the way up. Japan got nuked twice lol, not counting the fire bombing, we all know their story. Most of them are non Christian but wear suits and ties and have McDonalds.

Is it the Spanish influence? Is the only reason the Philippines is not a "Komplete" mess like central and south America is perhaps the 50 years of American influence? 

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Here is an idea why don`t you set up a fund on here for members for future use it could include help with medical bills for those who pay in.

Start a new topic Kevin? 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, scott h said:

Naw JJ I am just not buying it. :89:Taiwan was "colonized" by the Japanese for 50 years, invaded by the Chinese after ww2 look at them, Korea just plain raped by the Japanese for 50 years then completely destroyed by war, look at them. Vietnam Colonized by the French then the yanks (sort of) they are on the way up. Japan got nuked twice lol, not counting the fire bombing, we all know their story. Most of them are non Christian but wear suits and ties and have McDonalds.

Is it the Spanish influence? Is the only reason the Philippines is not a "Komplete" mess like central and south America is perhaps the 50 years of American influence? 

The Philippines lacks cultural identity.  During my high school years, I recall the phrase, "300 years in a convent, 50 years in Hollywood." to explain our country's history.  China, Korea and Japan have survived and prospered because each has an ancient history and unique religious background. The prosperity in Taiwan is not with the native Taiwanese. They were colonized by the Japanese followed by the Koumintang government of Chiang Kai Shek.  They were fleeing mainland China that was taken over by the Communist.  The prosperity is from this group of Chinese from Mainland China. I don't know enough about Vietnam's history to comment. 

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, JJReyes said:

The Philippines lacks cultural identity.  During my high school years, I recall the phrase, "300 years in a convent, 50 years in Hollywood." to explain our country's history.  China, Korea and Japan have survived and prospered because each has an ancient history and unique religious background. The prosperity in Taiwan is not with the native Taiwanese. They were colonized by the Japanese followed by the Koumintang government of Chiang Kai Shek.  They were fleeing mainland China that was taken over by the Communist.  The prosperity is from this group of Chinese from Mainland China. I don't know enough about Vietnam's history to comment. 

I get that, but as had been mentioned all ready,  there would appear to be a correlation with former Spanish colonies,  the brits , whilst we were no angels , former colonies have prospered , has anyone ever heard a philipino talk fondly of the "old country " that in itself give people an identity .

Spain itself has only in recent years embraced democracy , before that it was General Franco .

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

We really have changed the whole topic haven't we :smile: