Luzon - Super Typhoon Yutu

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

That typhoon is "falling" further south with each prediction.  Just a week ago, the storm was predicted to go straight north to Taiwan with only the edge of it brushing up against Philippines.  Now it looks like a bad hit on northern Luzon.  Stay safe, all you northern folk.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

TimL
Posted
Posted

Yikes, definitely dropped south and certainly looks to be track to plow right throw the heart of Luzon. Let’s hope not but, that storm track doesn’t look good. 

• Like 2

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

Does anybody know when it is forecast to make landfall?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

Does anybody know when it is forecast to make landfall?

Monday night or Tuesday morning I think.

• Thanks 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

It's already been unusually windy up here in Pangasinan today.

Had to go out and tighten the fixings on my 35ft telephone signal mast. ... which blew down last typhoon.  :sad:

• Sad 1

blkJack
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm flying back in to the Philippines late on the 1st Nov. from Shanghai to Manila. Will it affect my trip and other onward connections on Cebu Pacific on Thursday? If so what should I expect to happen?

Edited by blkJack
Had to correction time date
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, blkJack said:

I'm flying back in to the Philippines late on the 1st Nov. from Shanghai to Manila. Will it affect my trip and other onward connections on Cebu Pacific on Thursday? If so what should I expect to happen?

Well it's the million dollar question as the typhoon may suddenly change path.  Connections are in the same who knows category so maybe and I do not know what you onwards connections or plans are but perhaps if you can drop into Cebu where things should be OK and you can buy me a beer while waiting to go onwards . :thumbsup: Honestly there at this stage no answer to your question. 

• Like 2

marine6357
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

OK and you can buy me a beer while waiting to go onwards .

My God, sir is there nothing you wont do for a beer. :hystery:

• Haha 2

blkJack
Posted
Posted

LoL, ya. OK I figured that was the answer. Wish I was going to Cebu for a cold Sammy Lite but I'm off to Dipolog City from Manila on the 2nd of Nov. It looks like if it stays as projected that the eye will be well past Luzon and  I'm hoping it's not to bumpy going to Manila. 

• Like 1