Luzon - Super Typhoon Yutu

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Looks like I will be hunkering down in Baguio while Rosita passes. There will likely be heavy rains and some flooding here. I checked with the caretaker for the AirBnB we are at. She claims we shouldn't have any problems in our unit from the heavy rains. I have a dentist appt for Wed morning. I suspect that may get canceled. Hope the internet stays up.

• Like 1

Lee1154
Posted
Posted

At least we get some nice cool weather several days before a typhoon hits here in Tuguegarao.  Will be buttoning down the hatches before bed tonight.

graham59
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, blkJack said:

I'm flying back in to the Philippines late on the 1st Nov. from Shanghai to Manila. Will it affect my trip and other onward connections on Cebu Pacific on Thursday? If so what should I expect to happen?

They will do their best to land on the runway. :thumbsup:

• Haha 3

Rooster
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

Does anybody know when it is forecast to make landfall?

United States Embassy Manila, Philippines

Weather Alert - U.S. Embassy Manila (October 29, 2018)

Event:  Typhoon Rosita (Yutu) is forecast to make landfall near the border of Aurora and Isabela provinces Tuesday morning, October 30.  Residents of Northern and Central Luzon, including Baguio City, will likely experience heavy rains, high winds, flooding, and dangerous driving conditions.  There is also a higher probability of landslides in mountainous regions. 

• Thanks 1

Mick
Posted
Posted

It says on windy dot com, around midnight tonight it will hit land

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Have any of you seen the clip on fb of the chinese jet landing in a typhoon at manilla , wish i new how to link it 

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

Have any of you seen the clip on fb of the chinese jet landing in a typhoon at manilla , wish i new how to link it 

It crashes?

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

It crashes?

No ,it slews across and inverts a few times ,its all over the place ,then somehow the pilot lands it 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

No ,it slews across and inverts a few times ,its all over the place ,then somehow the pilot lands it 

JFYI. it was a fake :7481:

• Like 1