Manila Airport: Catch a taxi at the departure level when arriving?

KurtVD
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, canadamale said:

I try to avoid the metered cabs { TO EXPENSIVE} I walk to the regular cab kiosk. Usually less then a 5 min wait from terminal one. like a previous poster says, you will get a slip of paper for any recourse if needed. Remember to make sure the meter is started and  if they may request you  to pay flat fee. if you say no. Only the meter rate. They may grumble but they know it is the law and will accept. If you do take a yellow {metered cab} the same applies. They will also request a flat rate to Makati usually 1000 to 1500 piso.The flat rate for a regular cab to Makiti is usually 500 piso. Tell the driver, meter only. From terminal one to my condo on Makati ave usual fee is 120 to 190 piso depending on driver and traffic

Good to know, but I’m not surprised, it’s exactly the same scam in Bangkok: whenever a cabbie “offers” you a flat fee without the meter running, it’s usually at least double the normal fare, or much more. 

Gary D
Posted
Posted

At terminal 3 Grab have a booth, maybe the other terminals also. If we are heading home we will get the shuttle to Rotunda. 30 pesos each.

KurtVD
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Gary D said:

At terminal 3 Grab have a booth, maybe the other terminals also. If we are heading home we will get the shuttle to Rotunda. 30 pesos each.

Unfortunately I had seen the Grab booth only once I had ordered the car to pick me up at one of the bays; thankfully he found me anyway. Next time I will certainly use the booth.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I used a Grab when we arrived from HK earlier this month at terminal 3. Only had to wait a few minutes. There is a pickup point specific for Grab. I have used Grab quite a few times in the last month in Manila and Baguio. I will never use a regular taxi in Manila again if I don't have to. You know the fare up front and the cars and drivers are much nicer.

In Baguio every Grab I have ordered has just been a normal taxi. But I use Grab sometimes because the charges get put on my CapitalOne credit card rather than having to use cash.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I used a Grab when we arrived from HK earlier this month at terminal 3. Only had to wait a few minutes. There is a pickup point specific for Grab. I have used Grab quite a few times in the last month in Manila and Baguio. I will never use a regular taxi in Manila again if I don't have to. You know the fare up front and the cars and drivers are much nicer.

In Baguio every Grab I have ordered has just been a normal taxi. But I use Grab sometimes because the charges get put on my CapitalOne credit card rather than having to use cash.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

My Goodness! you are all spoilt (Spoiled) up there. here in Dumaguete you get a  Tricycle.jpg or Lump it:hystery:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, earthdome said:

Do you need a Philippine Grab app on your phone for this service?  In the United States, we use Lyft and it has been excellent. 

KurtVD
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Do you need a Philippine Grab app on your phone for this service?  In the United States, we use Lyft and it has been excellent. 

I haven’t heard of Lyft here, so yes, to use Grab, you need the Grab app. 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, KurtVD said:

I haven’t heard of Lyft here, so yes, to use Grab, you need the Grab app. 

Lyft is a competitor of Uber.  Their venting process for drivers is reported to be better than Uber.  A significant number of companies recommend their employees use Lyft. Price is about the same. 

My recollection is Uber and Grab merged in the Philippines.  Since there is no Lyft, I will try using my Uber app first before downloading Grab.

bows00
Posted
Posted
On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:35 PM, Jack Peterson said:

Is it really any Better on a Sunday?

Significantly better in Manila