How to transfer my permanent visa stamp from my now expired US passport to my new renewed US passport?

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

I just spoke with a travel agent in Cebu that said that the whole application and transfer process could be prepared by them and handled by proxy for 6oooP and would take a week and a half turnaround. I suppose if I wanted to avoid doing it myself, that could be an option in getting the actual stamp.

1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes! because it is current, the Old one has expired and would therfore be an unlawful mode of Passage and  an up to date means of Identification,  Not to mention that the ACR card you have would, not have all the right details also the  SSRN number from your ARP would not have the right Details for the New Passport. One thing I never mess with is Immigration For me, I like things exact and to the letter, we know how things can go if not and they (BOI) get a bee in their bonnet. But that's me :wink: 

I tend to agree with you Jack. I just spoke with a travel agent in Cebu that would do the application procedure/paperwork for 6000P and the turnaround time would be 1 1/2 to two weeks. That would be a decent option compared to the travel there I think.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

I tend to agree with you Jack. I just spoke with a travel agent in Cebu that would do the application procedure/paperwork for 6000P and the turnaround time would be 1 1/2 to two weeks. That would be a decent option compared to the travel there I think.

:58:  you know it makes sense 1.jpg That is a good Price all in all as Manila trips can turn out more expensive:wink:

• Thanks 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

That was my point it looked from what you have said that you never transfered your Visa stamp to you new passport but carry your expired one to show it if needed But as usual, we now drift, as the OP has asked;

How to transfer my permanent visa stamp from my now expired US passport to my new renewed US passport?  and so far it seems I am the only one to give an answer to her Question ( Queenie that is) :wink: So as you have done the Transfer got any Advice for her? :smile:

My transfer advice is no transfer is needed. It may be different for those from England. Her question was directed to U.S. Passport holders for which the rules could be different from those from England so i'm unsure why you even got involved. Who told her that she needs to transfer it? :smile:

In over 30 years here and 3 times renewing my 10 year U.S. Passport, no agency, Philippine Immigration nor other told me that I needed to have each renewed 10 passport re-stamped with my original 13a stamp from over 30 years ago. As I wrote, I have it if they ask but no one has ever asked where is it in an any renewed 10 year passport.

Edited by Rooster
  • Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Rooster said:

In over 30 years here and 3 times renewing my 10 year U.S. Passport, no agency, Philippine Immigration no other told me that I needed to Have each renewed 10 passport re-stamped with my original 13a stamp from over 30 years ago. As I wrote, I have it if they ask but no one has ever asked where is it an any renewed 10 year passport.

I guess from a pragmatic point of view, you would not have been able to get the ACR without the 13A visa so the transfer of the visa from an expired passport to a new one would seem to be a pointless piece of bureaucracy.  I understand Jack's point from a the technical/legal perspective.  Like most things when it comes to such things, there is the absolute correct way to do things, and then the way many/most people do things so it depends on how big you are on crossing the I's and dotting the T's.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Rooster said:

My transfer advice is no transfer is needed. It may be different for those from England. Her question was directed to U.S. Passport holders for which the rules could be different from those from England so i'm unsure why you even got involved. Who told her that she needs to transfer it? :smile:

In over 30 years here and 3 times renewing my 10 year U.S. Passport, no agency, Philippine Immigration nor other told me that I needed to have each renewed 10 passport re-stamped with my original 13a stamp from over 30 years ago. As I wrote, I have it if they ask but no one has ever asked where is it in an any renewed 10 year passport.

I think (well, I guess really) the regulations are set by the Philippines and apply to all 13A visa holders regardless of nationality.  

I'm kind with you on this t.b.h. - I think it may well be a requirement from a technical/legal perspective but how many people actually spend the money to do it?  And how many of them have come across any issues by not doing it?  Few, if any, I suspect. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I think (well, I guess really) the regulations are set by the Philippines and apply to all 13A visa holders regardless of nationality.  

Correct! so i will offer this up; 

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/services/others/transfer-from-old-lost-cancelled-passport

Rules change yet some do not keep up with them;

Alsohttp://www.immigration.gov.ph/services/others/re-stamping-of-visa

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

did they ask

To be honest I don't even remember if that asked to see my passport at all,,,,,,,,,,,,,i don't think so :89:

• Thanks 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Your link states; Foreign nationals with visas that are not fully implemented or for reasons of lost or damaged passports

She has her Permanent Visa Already.

What I remember is the law for re-stamp is RA 7919 & RA 8247;  the filing period for RA 7919/8247 re-stamp?

Filing period shall begin on 15 September 2014 and will end on 15 December 2014.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/ra-7919

Rules changed when they started issuing ACR Cards with the Secure Bio Data Chip inserted.

I thinks it's best if she goes directly to her local Immigration office for their answer or wait 2 months until Annual Reporting starts to and see what they tell her.   

• Hmm thinking 1

Ryan.
Posted
Posted

I would transfer the stamp to the new U.S passport. If their is a choice to premptively avoid a third world cluster for P6K I’m taking it. And that is not to imply I have P6K to waste or anyone else’s style is wrong. That’s just me. Not OP’s question exactly but it goes toward motivation. imo

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Rooster said:

I thinks it's best if she goes directly to her local Immigration office for their answer or wait 2 months until Annual Reporting starts to and see what they tell her.   

Queenie has stated that she went to a travel agent who will take care of it for her so her original question has been answered.  Let's all keep in mind that questions like this are not a pissing contest to see who can give the most detailed and legal advice.  It's a forum where we generally enjoy helping others and we have to realize that two people can give different answers and neither is wrong, just different.  Question asked.  Question answered.  Queenie is happy.

• Thanks 2