How to transfer my permanent visa stamp from my now expired US passport to my new renewed US passport?

Rooster
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Queenie has stated that she went to a travel agent who will take care of it for her so her original question has been answered.  Let's all keep in mind that questions like this are not a pissing contest to see who can give the most detailed and legal advice.  It's a forum where we generally enjoy helping others and we have to realize that two people can give different answers and neither is wrong, just different.  Question asked.  Question answered.  Queenie is happy.

If her original question was answered, why would she still be seeking input from American Permanent residents? Just doing my best to answer her as an American Permanent Resident who has experience with advice she is seeking. :cheersty:  

• Thanks 1

Ryan.
Posted
Posted

If every response is expected to be tightly framed the range of cnversation gets really dry. So much media competing against forums I’d be happy for any reply reasonably topical and not sending a strict vibe. Many forums are having a hard time. Reasonably cogent replies should be welcomed or people will move on. imo

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Didn't we have this exact same topic a few weeks or so ago? :89:

Gator
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Queenie is happy.

And that’s all that matters. Long Live the Queen!  

• Love it 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Thanks everyone who responded for your personal experience or knowledge about this issue. All input is appreciated.

What prompted this question was that my husband had stopped in at the Cebu Immigration office this past monday  my behalf because I wasn't there, just to inquire about it. He was told that acquiring the stamp transfer was free, but it could only be accomplished through Manila. He was rather disgusted and worried about the hassle of going to Manila for this.  Having found this travel agency that handles the work/ paperwork for 6000P, I'm relieved to be doing it, just in case down the line it could be an issue for me. 

• Like 3