Are You Rich?

• 3 weeks later...
Viking
Posted
Posted (edited)
On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:22 AM, boyee said:

Hmm, maybe it is customary.  When my wife's family comes to visit us here in the states we pay for everything.  Every meal.  It is also expected that we take vacation days off work so we can drive them around to go shopping for all the stuff they can't get back home.  however, when my wife and I go to PH they do the same.  Every meal is paid for, someone is always available to take us anywhere we want in Manila and they try very hard no not let us pay for anything unless it is to take back home.  

This Philosophy sounds very similar to your story of the host caters to the guest.  Either that or you are the rich guy in the family and they think you can afford it.  lol.

Its very different in my PH family  :89:

When we go there, WE are expected to pay for Everything! The family also have lots of ideas about where we can go and what to do and ofcourse they ALL need to join to make sure we are safe :whistling: 

Finally after 20+ years they are starting to understand that I dont accept that, but as soon as I am not there to stop it, they try again with my gf.

Do you guys always get the question, Where is my gift?? My response to that use to be, I don´t know but I guess it is where you left if!!!

Edited by Viking
spelling

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Viking said:

Do you guys always get the question, Where is my gift?? My response to that use to be, I don´t know but I guess it is where you left if!!!

We just got in a couple BB boxes (I sent them a few months ago while visiting the old country).  I was at a birthday party, not handing out BB box stuff, and some lady I never seen before asked if I bought her a gift - she wants a bible.  I just looked at her crossed-eyed, laughed, and said there would be no bibles in the box.  Later I had to ask my wife who the crazy woman was. She was not even sure ha ha... 

Who are you again?  (is what I want to say)

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The custom within our family, relatives and circle of friends is that the birthday celebrant treats everyone on their special day.  During my last trip to the Philippines, my sister paid for the gathering because her birthday was two weeks earlier.  She had failed to take everyone out for a celebration.  Otherwise, the gathering at a restaurant would mean everyone contributes, except my wife and I as guest visitors.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Viking said:

Edited by Viking

I had that from the family once and my wife told them that I find it very rude, it never happened again. I used to get it from some girls in Dalaguete and I told them your present is in my shorts, I don`t know why but they didn`t ask again.

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I had that from the family once and my wife told them that I find it very rude, it never happened again. I used to get it from some girls in Dalaguete and I told them your present is in my shorts, I don`t know why but they didn`t ask again.

14 hours ago, Viking said:

Its very different in my PH family  :89:

When we go there, WE are expected to pay for Everything! The family also have lots of ideas about where we can go and what to do and ofcourse they ALL need to join to make sure we are safe :whistling: 

Finally after 20+ years they are starting to understand that I dont accept that, but as soon as I am not there to stop it, they try again with my gf.

Alas ! Tis 'oft a woe unto our band of merry men and we are troubled in mind and heart when they storm  the leather walls of our purses. I too, am muddled in mind at times when the charge comes. In these times of besiegement  methinks the words of our ancient comrade-in-arms....

To share or not to share; that is the question:

Whether 'tis nobler in the purse to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous importunities

Or take up words against a sea of trouble

And by opposing end them ?

FAT CHANCE !    :morning1:   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

boyee
Posted
Posted

Im sorry mate.  I have no idea what the heck you just said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, boyee said:

Im sorry mate.  I have no idea what the heck you just said.

Shakespeare's Hamlet.

• Haha 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gary D said:

Shakespeare's Hamlet.

It's not Mark Twain. That's for sure.