Are You Rich?

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I'll give my gf kids their due , I've taken them to jollibee and I quite expected them to order the most expensive items on the menu,they did not 

Her mums a different mold all together, she told me that she wanted some French perfume , I smiled and told her that it was a husband duty to buy perfume 

When I had our house warming thing , I bought a pig and some booze for the workers , then her family turned up and about 8 retired pastors , they kept asking me to support them , I thought I was by inviting you to this feast, after the working pastor blessed the house and the ground , we sat down to eat , then I kid you not , about a hundred uninvited locals turned up .

So I had about 10 pastors one baranguy captain two purok leaders a hundred or so locals, her family , and the workers 

The booze did run out but I waited until most of the crowd had  disappeared before I replenished the supply

I must have spent 60k pesos but I did make a lot of people happy 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

It's not Mark Twain. That's for sure.

My favourite Mark Twain quote - "Buy land, they're not making it anymore".

• Like 1

boyee
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Well if the Baranguy captain was happy you can write some of it off as an investment.  lol

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Oh, was I supposed to do a house warming?  Oh well ha ha

hk blues
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Oh, was I supposed to do a house warming?  Oh well ha ha

Same here- dammit! :thumbsup:

Gary D
Posted
Posted

It's not a house warming it's a house blessing. Usual for a new built house. We had the local governer turn up to ours.

• Hmm thinking 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm in an unusual situation financially.  Right now my navy pension is about 75k a month and as most of you know I'll receive that for life.  When I left the navy, there was a sizeable preserved lump sum that had to be rolled over into super (retirement fund) by law and I've been contributing to that amount (by law in Australia), well my employers have, at 9.5% of my gross. When I reach 60 and can access my superannuation (retirement fund), if I draw an income from it rather than take the lump sum the 75k will double based on projected earnings etc up until I'm that age.  So if I was to leave for PI tomorrow, I'd be living relatively comfortably and upon turning 60 I'll be receiving, based on my research, what working professionals in PI earn.  

First time in my life since I was a kid that I've actually looked forward to growing "old"!  :89:

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 5

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Gary D said:

It's not a house warming it's a house blessing. Usual for a new built house. We had the local governer turn up to ours.

Yeah, they had one of those. Somebody smeared chicken blood crosses on the house - they knew not to invite me to such foolishness. :tiphat: 

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I will not bother getting someone round to bless the house, can’t afford the party, I will put a picture on face book with a poorly cat or dog sitting outside the back door on the house, that surely will get me a million blessings and a trillion amens.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Gary D said:

You may have mistaken who actually showed up. Maybe the mayor or vice mayor. For an actual Provincial Governor to show up you need to have some serious connections. Or your wife's family is related somehow. :89:

• Hmm thinking 1