Moving to the Philippines? Do you think that's safe?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Gary D said:

And the teachers could make a bit of extra money seller it to the kids.

You give the supplies to the kids not the teachers, there is a charity doing just this in Dalaguete called Dalaguete charity.It was formed by expats and does a lot of help to those in need.Apart from a few donations I have nothing to do with this charity.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Naughty boy.....:smile:

Two of my wife's family are teachers and I know that there is a genuine shortage of school paraphernalia.

Also some children walk long distances to school with nothing to eat for lunch, so lets count our blessings and spare a few peso's for the less fortunate. :thumbsup:

Yes have one less beer a day and feed a schoollkid.

• Like 1

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Just had a grandmother stab to death her 18 month old granddaughter in Mississippi, is the United States safe?  Know your surroundings no matter where you are at.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Yeochief said:

Just had a grandmother stab to death her 18 month old granddaughter in Mississippi, is the United States safe?  Know your surroundings no matter where you are at.

18 month old do not think of their surroundings. Bad things happen every where. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

18 month old do not think of their surroundings. Bad things happen every where. 

Certainly but it beggars belief that A Grandmother could do this,  The Parents obviously  thought the child was safe in the Surroundings  :ohmy:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Certainly but it beggars belief that A Grandmother could do this,  The Parents obviously  thought the child was safe in the Surroundings  :ohmy:

Yes but its really a case of a unpredictable occurrence like the other day a school boy kills his mother and bury's her in the back yard over an argument about school grades or something like that so like in that case no one could say the surroundings had anything to do with it.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 11/3/2018 at 6:25 PM, Kuya John said:

As for safety in Philippines, once again I have woken up to news of yet another fatal stabbing in London this morning, however this is now something mirrored across the UK much more often these days!

I suppose the fact it still makes the news means it's still not that commonplace.  

I try to be pragmatic about danger, you can be unlucky but if you do what you can to stack the deck in your favour then what more can you do?  My view is that shit happens everywhere - the question is how often and how deep is it?  I suppose another angle is how often are innocent people caught up in the crossfire, as it were, and do criminals resort to extreme measures?  In that respect, I think the Philippines and the UK are drawing.  

Ultimately, it's impossible to generalise - the safest part of the most dangerous country may be less safe than the most dangerous part of the safest country. And then there's that darn bad luck to factor in.  

Basic instinct is your trusted friend wherever you may be. 

• Like 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, hk blues said:

I suppose the fact it still makes the news means it's still not that commonplace.  

I suppose your right there, then again if all the bad news was reported every day in our own country, we would end up having a country near as bad as a third world country. Too many articles of bad news concerning murders and such, don't sell papers, there has to be a balance of good with the bad. Just the other day I caught my JT in my fly and the wife was trying to get the skin out of the zipper, the whole bloody neighborhood heard about it, ( no sympathy from the wife,)  but I didn't get a mention in the news, so you see, not all bad news is reported in print. :thumbsup:

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

People worry too much. Avoid situations that you don't feel safe in. It's pretty self explanatory.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
boyee
Posted
Posted

I don't think people realize how dangerous the western civilization are.  My daughter was taking Karate lessons for years.  There was a boy who was about 15 who was the instructors aid.  We've known him for years and many times he taught the classes.  One day he got in an argument with his mother about some political issue.  I think it was during the 99% wealth inequality demonstrations we were having here in the states. Anyway he disagreed with his mom so he used his Karate against her and killed her with his bare hands.  Then he waited for his dad to get home and strangled him to death with his bare hands.  He put his dead parents in the trunk of his car and sat on the trunk all day.  I happen to know his neighbor who asked him what he was doing and he told her.  She obviously didn't believe him and went about her day.  This kid went about his day too.  Went to school, then went to help teach Karate, then went home as though nothing had happened.  It was days before the bodies were discovered.  My point with this horrible story is that I only know because the Karate teach and his neighbor told me.  It never even made the local paper more or less the TV.  This shit happens all the time in the US.  It happens to our neighbors or the local Karate school and we would never be the wiser.  

If this happened in the Philippines we would all say what a dangerous place the Philippines is.  The reality is America is ridiculously violent and dangerous and yet it appears to be clean, modern and safe.  The PH may look third world but I don't think this type of violence is as common.  Safety is relative to our  knowledge of what happens around us.  

• Like 1