Moving to the Philippines? Do you think that's safe?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

So you think burglars can find my house from what I post here? If so I better run for the hills! Oh wait. No hills around where I live.:no:

Lets work it out

1/ Doors unlocked

2/ 5 dogs

3/ No hills

I would say Bacoor province  :smile:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, graham59 said:

Gotta love neighbours with dogs that 'bark at the slightest thing'.

Graham59 I would agree with you except they never check to see what the dogs are barking about.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Graham59 I would agree with you except they never check to see what the dogs are barking about.

Add car alarms and even burglar alarms to that :wink:

davewe
Posted
Posted
On 12/11/2018 at 5:54 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

In the west, if there is a crime going on in your urban backyard it is dangerous so who do you call?  I am betting you call the police and I bet they come.  

Things have changed a lot in the US. Yes the police will come but in many cases they will or can do nothing. The last two times we called the police before we moved to the Philippines 1.5 years ago, they came quickly but refused to do anything. In one case a clearly stoned and/or psychotic man was going up and down the block trying to get into houses, yelling and threatening. The cops basically said until he hurt someone or actually broke in somewhere they could do nothing. The old cliche I attempted to use "he's on my property trespassing" is no longer valid legally where I lived. 

So yes - after you're a corpse they will investigate. Before then you're on your own. And BTW, in the above instance they made it clear that if I took things into my own hands, I'd be the one carted off to jail.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

'Disturbing the peace' should take care of that gentleman's invitation to the local police cells in the UK.

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, davewe said:

Things have changed a lot in the US. Yes the police will come but in many cases they will or can do nothing. The last two times we called the police before we moved to the Philippines 1.5 years ago, they came quickly but refused to do anything. In one case a clearly stoned and/or psychotic man was going up and down the block trying to get into houses, yelling and threatening. The cops basically said until he hurt someone or actually broke in somewhere they could do nothing. The old cliche I attempted to use "he's on my property trespassing" is no longer valid legally where I lived. 

So yes - after you're a corpse they will investigate. Before then you're on your own. And BTW, in the above instance they made it clear that if I took things into my own hands, I'd be the one carted off to jail.

Philippines police often won't even investigate after a crime either though, unless the evidence is 100% banged on you'll have to sort it yourself with a lawyer.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Lets work it out

1/ Doors unlocked

2/ 5 dogs

3/ No hills

I would say Bacoor province  :smile:

Getting close. The bad boys can find me now.:wave: Except that Bacoor is not a province. 

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, hk blues said:

Thanks for narrowing it down a bit! :smile:

If you can figure out where I live..come over for a beer. I'm buying.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Getting close. The bad boys can find me now.:wave: Except that Bacoor is not a province. 

Yes, city in the province of Cavite. Just making it harder for them to track you down :santa_trumpet:

• Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes, city in the province of Cavite. Just making it harder for them to track you down :santa_trumpet:

Thanks for helping me make them confused. I would hate to use plan B. I could be deported or much worse.:28: