International Banking Delays - Hong Kong

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I know that sometimes is takes a while for international transactions to post to your accounts, but I thought this was unusual.  Any experiences?

-  On Monday the 29th I made an ATM withdrawal at Hong Kong airport, using my BPI Debit Mastercard.  As of today, it has not been deducted from my BPI account.

-  On Thursday, Nov.1, I paid my final Disneyland hotel bill using my US issued Cap One Mastercard credit card.  As of today, it has not posted.  I use it in the Philippines and the transactions are posted almost immediately.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I use it in the Philippines and the transactions are posted almost immediately.

Yes! but remember Don Thursday and Friday were Holidays here and may not have accepted overseas Requests but today back to norm here

check tomorrow and you may see a different story

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 2

canadamale
Posted
Posted

Maybe the internet gods were smiling and your transactions are forever destined to bounce around the net, never to be seen or heard of in the physical world. On a more somber note, I went to use my ATM card to withdraw cash today in Makati. To my disconcertment my withdrawl was declined. It seems my ATM card  expiry date is 10/18. Good thing I have a credit card and am flying back to Canada on Monday.    On query my bank informed me it would take 2 weeks to get a new card sent to me here. 

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes! but remember Don Thursday and Friday were Holidays here and may not have accepted overseas Requests but today back to norm here

check tomorrow and you may see a different story

That's interesting: I transfer money over, even on a weekend straight to a bank and the recipient can draw on it within the hour, I'll have to watch my account next month, thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup: