Shall we put the Christmas tree up

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I know many will hate that word and i may have opened a can of worms here , but how long have you had your Christmas tree up, yes i understand if you are living in the Philippines and as soon as there is a BER in the month up it goes, but what if you and your partner do not live in the Philippines.

Its been a on going saying these last few months in our household , " can i put the Christmas tree up" and i think i may me lucky if its not up up by the end of this November, i shall come in from work one day and the house will be glowing and she will have the biggest smile on her face saying "what do you think" and thats when i shall count to three and then say " it looks great".

Anyway is your tree up yet and if so show us a picture.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I actually offered to buy a new tree for this year last week and I was surprised to hear ‘later, it is not time yet!’.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

My Christmas tree is up,up in the attic where it belongs until at least the 10th of December.

• Haha 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I agreed to allow a basic Christmas tree and told her I will buy and put it up while she was at work. Wasn't happy with my choice. 

xtree.jpg

• Haha 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The Philippine tradition Is to buy a cut tree and set it up by September 1st.  In that way, it becomes a dangerous fire hazard by Christmas.  Add all those presents wrapped in paper and it's guaranteed the entire house will be consumed in flames within minutes.  Christmas?  Bah, Hambug!

Alleycat
Posted
Posted

Our tree is not up yet although asawa has made noises about it being the time to do it because Halloween is now behind us.  I am ok with whenever she decides to put the tree up; I have kids and my ex wife used to do things like make Halloween masks in February; celebrate Eid, even though they are all Brits and she is a Catholic (I am not religious or superstitious) and many other off the cuff things to entertain the kids and make life interesting.  It doesn't really matter as long as we are happy and I have beer.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

The wife put the tree up 3 weeks ago at mama's. Here it's still in the loft. As I tell the wife every year the tradition is that the family all gather round and dress the tree on Chistmas eve. I don't think I have fully convinced her yet. :unsure:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I agreed to allow a basic Christmas tree and told her I will buy and put it up while she was at work. Wasn't happy with my choice. 

xtree.jpg

Yep I`m in the doghouse as well

45414322_10156832532556913_1591369594591772672_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mick
Posted
Posted

I fought it all September and October, finally gave in last week 

IMG_20181031_172915.jpg

• Haha 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Alleycat said:

It doesn't really matter as long as we are happy and I have beer.

:56da64b51da2f_36_1_681: welcome to the forum, now all you need is a bit of what this blokes doing, sitting in the sun.